T6 Cali Ashtray/cup Holder Console

I’ve had a search round and I don’t think the Cali one is any different from the ordinary one. As @paulscryer said, it’s hopeless as a cup holder, I use mine for change and chewing gum.

Up to you.
Although I’m unsure if the console comes as a whole lot, which includes the bottle holder and chiller beneath it as well.

Up to you.
Although I’m unsure if the console comes as a whole lot, which includes the bottle holder and chiller beneath it as well.
I think chiller is a bit optimistic. Mine doesn't keep anything chilled and I've checked the little wheel inside and its open but its a waste of time as a chiller. Still love the comfort dash though.

And I also agree, any drink held in the cup holder does spill everywhere and it rattles when open. Good old VW build quality is becoming a thing of the past.:(

I think chiller is a bit optimistic. Mine doesn't keep anything chilled and I've checked the little wheel inside and its open but its a waste of time as a chiller. Still love the comfort dash though.
Yes I've found the same. Actually when I took mine out to route some wires after having it a few months I found that mine had been assembled incorrectly and the little wheel had been clipped on backwards (There's a pic on a thread I had from way back but I can't find it) so that even fully open there was only a tiny gap. Unfortunately even after fitting it properly it was still crap and doesn't have enough strength to chill anything.

Yes I've found the same. Actually when I took mine out to route some wires after having it a few months I found that mine had been assembled incorrectly and the little wheel had been clipped on backwards (There's a pic on a thread I had from way back but I can't find it) so that even fully open there was only a tiny gap. Unfortunately even after fitting it properly it was still crap and doesn't have enough strength to chill anything.
I took my apart as I thought there must be something wrong but it was all fitted correctly just as you said, not enough strength. At least it keeps my water bottle out of the sunlight which kinda helps keep it chilled.

I took my apart as I thought there must be something wrong but it was all fitted correctly just as you said, not enough strength. At least it keeps my water bottle out of the sunlight which kinda helps keep it chilled.
Haha I've just looked again and it's you and me saying the same thing as this a year ago :D

I spent a bit of time looking at this a week or two ago.
I removed the tilting bottle holder bit from the section that clips into the console. This let me see how the black disk foamy thing is sitting.
20180717_135229.jpg
Answer: Badly
They don't line up.
Also there is a grabbing hole at the bottom of the disk and the foam isn't forming a seal and a big gap for air escape.
There was no way I could find to get them both to line up. Is it possible their is another black plastic circle foamy disk design available?
I put it back together and ignore it.

Back