Found T6 Bonnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Bit of a long shot, but worth asking.

I'm after a bonnet for a T6. Colour doesn't matter, and small amount of damage is also fine.
They are not actually that expensive to buy new, but thought i'd ask incase someone has one they want to sell.

No. i've not damaged mine, but my T6 goes back into the bodyshop in a few weeks for a couple of jobs, and it will make sense if I can get a bonnet before it goes in, so we can paint this at the same time.

That was my mistake when I sold my OEM bonnet, wish I had kept that to swap over each respray.

That was my mistake when I sold my OEM bonnet, wish I had kept that to swap over each respray.

I suffer a lot from stone chips on my bonnet, and this will be the 3rd time we've painted it. I actually want it clear wrapping once it's painted, but you cannot wrap a freshly painted bonnet, and by the time I get to the point where I can get it wrapped, it's already picked up stone chips, and so the circle goes on and on.
I figure if I have a bonnet painted, and then store it in my garage for a few weeks to let the paint cure properly, then wrap it, then fit it, hey-presto, no more bonnet re-sprays. Long winded and daft maybe, but when do I ever do things the right way round.

I suffer a lot from stone chips on my bonnet, and this will be the 3rd time we've painted it. I actually want it clear wrapping once it's painted, but you cannot wrap a freshly painted bonnet, and by the time I get to the point where I can get it wrapped, it's already picked up stone chips, and so the circle goes on and on.
I figure if I have a bonnet painted, and then store it in my garage for a few weeks to let the paint cure properly, then wrap it, then fit it, hey-presto, no more bonnet re-sprays. Long winded and daft maybe, but when do I ever do things the right way round.

Pretty much at same point now.. so if you do find a source let me know too.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty much at same point now.. so if you do find a source let me know too.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you mean you want to do the same, we only need 1 bonnet. I can do what I plan, then you can have my current bonnet and do the same.

Thats fine with me..
I'm looking too so will keep you posted too

@Tourershine
Sorry for the confusion
I was just commenting on how they could be a little business venture in it for yourself

Andy

@Tourershine
Sorry for the confusion
I was just commenting on how they could be a little business venture in it for yourself

Andy

And I got all excited then:(

Anyway, all my searches have pulled up nothing. I guess a bonnet is not something you'd have lying around, and most salvage T6s have badly damaged bonnets, so might have to go down the new route.

And I got all excited then:(

Anyway, all my searches have pulled up nothing. I guess a bonnet is not something you'd have lying around, and most salvage T6s have badly damaged bonnets, so might have to go down the new route.

Sorry for lifting your hopes and then taking the wind from under your sails

Andy

I'm pretty sure I have seen one on German Ebay but can't currently find it will keep looking

3rd time painted!! That’s bonkers. But the paint does chip easily on these.

We had the front of our RS3 done when new, 17k/ 2 years later and not a mark in site (although the job itself wasn’t the best- it has saved the paintwork)

3rd time painted!! That’s bonkers. But the paint does chip easily on these.

We had the front of our RS3 done when new, 17k/ 2 years later and not a mark in site (although the job itself wasn’t the best- it has saved the paintwork)

Bare in mind I'm fussy, drive too fast, drive too close to cars in front, and generally a bonnets worst enemy.

It doesn't necessarily need painting now, but it's going in for other paintwork, and I go in with it to carry out all the work except actually painting it, so its not daft money.
Plus a few days in the body shop with the lads is a nice break from Caravans and Motorhomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back