T6.1 Standard speaker faulty after frosty morning

Jlo

SixPointOne
T6 Guru
So it's -3 Deg C this-morning, Door opens fine, van starts fine, heated windscreen works, heated mirrors work... all is well! or so i think...

I notice the audio is a bit quieter... after turning it up a bit I'm now getting a horrible sound from the drivers side door speaker (the main one)... you know when you're over-driving a speaker with an under-powered amp and it's clipping or over-powering a small speaker with a large amp and causing serious distortion... either way, it's bad! I parked up at work after a 20 min drive with still the same issue... It wasn't like this when i parked up last night so something has changed overnight...

I'm hoping the cold messed something up but haven't ever experienced anything like this with cold before, was going to wait until when i finished work to see if it's still doing it, anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm not planning on keeping the standard speakers, upgrading in a few months i hope!

So it's -3 Deg C this-morning, Door opens fine, van starts fine, heated windscreen works, heated mirrors work... all is well! or so i think...

I notice the audio is a bit quieter... after turning it up a bit I'm now getting a horrible sound from the drivers side door speaker (the main one)... you know when you're over-driving a speaker with an under-powered amp and it's clipping or over-powering a small speaker with a large amp and causing serious distortion... either way, it's bad! I parked up at work after a 20 min drive with still the same issue... It wasn't like this when i parked up last night so something has changed overnight...

I'm hoping the cold messed something up but haven't ever experienced anything like this with cold before, was going to wait until when i finished work to see if it's still doing it, anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm not planning on keeping the standard speakers, upgrading in a few months i hope!
Any chance your speaker got damp and froze at all? Sounds weird for such a new van

Now there's a coincidence, exactly the same experience for me yesterday.

I've had the van for 20 months.
Changed to Eton speakers a few weeks ago.

I really thought I'd blown the r/h speaker.
Felt pissed off all the way to work.
After work, speaker fine and sounds fantastic, definitely not blown.
Never experienced this is any car in 35 years.
Possibly frozen?

Mine was OK after work... It was definitely strange! I'm putting it down to Spotify having a moment!

Mine was OK after work... It was definitely strange! I'm putting it down to Spotify having a moment!
Mine was just as bad on Bluetooth, usb stick or radio.
Fine since. Curiosity will force me to look inside the door card...

I have a lot of water coming out of my driver door at the bottom little drain hole. With door closed it doesn't appear to be draining off when water get in. Don't suppose you have the same issue? It's a new 6.1. This is the gap by the driver's window just by the wing mirror plastics.

PXL_20210125_135900839~2.jpg

Back