T6.1 service schedule.

skoti

Hi,

does anyone have a dealer VW T6.1 service schedule sheet that lists filter replacement intervals and timing belt etc?
If so please can you post a photo?

Mines is a T6.1 model year 2022, 150hp with a DNA engine code.

Thanks in advance

Skoti

Hi,

does anyone have a dealer VW T6.1 service schedule sheet that lists filter replacement intervals and timing belt etc?
If so please can you post a photo?

Mines is a T6.1 model year 2022, 150hp with a DNA engine code.

Thanks in advance

Skoti

I was hoping someone with dealer connections would have replied to this as I have been trying to obtain the same info :(

I think the issue there is that those with connections might not be able to post something quite so traceable.

VW is very digital now, I doubt there are printed schedules anymore and a picture of a work computer may raise uncomfortable questions.

It also somewhat depends on if you are following the normal pattern or the extended pattern, though personally why you would follow the extended pattern as a private owner is open to question.

Finally, as has been very apparent in the whole timing belt thread, the schedules and advice have clearly differed in different countries. If you had followed the UK schedule in previous years it would have cost you a lot more than the one the seems to be used in the rest of Europe.

I'd suggest writing and asking either a local dealer or the importer what the service schedule to maintain the warranty on your van is. I think phrased like that might help get an answer as most regions have regulations around warranties such that companies can't force out third party maintenance (much as they might try)

I believe also there is no restriction on individuals using the online service schedule etc at Erwin which would show you your van in detail and is used by dealers and the good independents to keep your service history. It's not free (avoid the dodgy russian attempt at cloning it) but you can pay as you go and most documents can be downloaded

I think the issue there is that those with connections might not be able to post something quite so traceable.

VW is very digital now, I doubt there are printed schedules anymore and a picture of a work computer may raise uncomfortable questions.

It also somewhat depends on if you are following the normal pattern or the extended pattern, though personally why you would follow the extended pattern as a private owner is open to question.

Finally, as has been very apparent in the whole timing belt thread, the schedules and advice have clearly differed in different countries. If you had followed the UK schedule in previous years it would have cost you a lot more than the one the seems to be used in the rest of Europe.

I'd suggest writing and asking either a local dealer or the importer what the service schedule to maintain the warranty on your van is. I think phrased like that might help get an answer as most regions have regulations around warranties such that companies can't force out third party maintenance (much as they might try)

I believe also there is no restriction on individuals using the online service schedule etc at Erwin which would show you your van in detail and is used by dealers and the good independents to keep your service history. It's not free (avoid the dodgy russian attempt at cloning it) but you can pay as you go and most documents can be downloaded

Thanks for your reply, some good points there. Years ago it used to be simple...yearly/10,000 oil and filter...two yearly/20,000 same plus brake fluid, pollen filter etc etc. It used to be in the owners manual or for example in the Haynes manual but now you cant even find out how much oil the engine holds for an oil change without going to a dealer and even then its like getting blood out of a stone. It almost seems deliberate so the dealer can "tailor" the service "to meet your needs" and you are none the wiser!

When I bought a new BMW motorbike last year I was interested in taking out the three year service plan and wanted to see what was involved and the dealer happily printed out everything for the three years including full costs of parts and labour and the quantities of fluids etc. As we know all dealers are not equal!

Last edited:
I’m with you here on the service thing as I ride motorcycles as well and if it’s a new bike it gets serviced after the first 600 and then after every 7000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first. So basically asking the same question when do I get my van serviced because it’s registered in nov 22 but still only done 2800 miles. Should I get it serviced or will a symbol come up on the dash letting me know when it needs doing.??

Aye,
It'll let know when oil services and inspection services are due, but my original enquiry was what exactly do they entail.

Mileage/km wise mines asks for an oil service every 15,000 km and an inspection service at 40,000 km, which is due now.

Still need to know what's to be done exactly?

Somebody out there may have a VW service schedule check sheet.

Did you manage to find anything Skoti? I was just searching the forum for the same. Additional to the Oil service etc, I was interested in additional maintenance like gear box oil change, and 4motion maintenance etc.

Did you manage to find anything Skoti? I was just searching the forum for the same. Additional to the Oil service etc, I was interested in additional maintenance like gear box oil change, and 4motion maintenance etc.
Sorry, not found any exact info yet regarding service schedule.
But just done a 40,000km/24,000mls inspection where I've changed the air, fuel and cab filters. Plus new brake fluid.
I hope that will suffice...

Hi,

Some latest UNCONFIRMED info I have been given about time/distance servicing for my 2022 150

Oil and filter 1 year / 10,000 miles
Pollen filter 2 yearly / 40,000 miles
Air filter 6 yearly / 80,000 miles
Fuel filter 80,000 miles
Cambelt 130,000 miles
Brake fluid every 2 years
DSG oil and filter if applicable possibly every 40,000 miles?

VW have extended the servicing range of a lot of the items and also dropped the age limit on cambelts. Whether this is good or bad I don't know but if I keep my van long term I will be servicing some parts more frequently than stated. Even with super modern/expensive oils I would change yearly or 10,000 regardless of what the dashboard is suggesting....but that's just me coming from a maintenance industry background!!

Rob

Last edited:
Rob,
Thanks for the input.
Good to learn about the cam belt change intervals.
Seems I've done my fuel and air filters way too early at 24k, but as I'm mostly towing I suppose it won't do any harm.
I'm doing oil changes at 10,000 miles using 0w/30 longlife 3.

I was advised by a local VW van centre for my MY21 6.1 that DSG needs to be done by 4 years or by 40,000 miles, the item they stressed was that it was a limit if you wanted any warranty not an advised interval that you can let slip a bit.

Back