T6.1 Manual Gear Knob

Heads up …… wife came home this evening and the gear knob reverse trigger was stuck during her parking. I had to pop off the gaiter and check to find the white reverse gear selector pull had popped out of the sprung section. Easy enough to sort but slightly worrying it happened randomly.

Not sure what’s going on but it happened again while wife was out n about . Went to change gear and it wouldn’t it was stuck (our forward planning we left trim tools in glovebox) so my wife had to pop off the gaiter and replaced the white reverse selector again. Luckily she watched me fit it first time.

So that’s twice in less than a week which is concerning. We followed all instructions and I am quite competent at things so I don’t get it . Seems strange the gear knob attachment housing the white selector goes into looks to be 3D printed imo.

Anyone else getting issues ?

Well refitted it again and couldn’t see anything untoward , only difference this time is there was a small click at the top of the white reverse selector when refitting maybe that’s it home properly who knows :rolleyes:

@MrD No instructions came with my gear knob but If it happens again couldn’t you slacken the grub screws and extend the lever slightly and the plastic part might hold in tighter.

John.

@MrD No instructions came with my gear knob but If it happens again couldn’t you slacken the grub screws and extend the lever slightly and the plastic part might hold in tighter.

John.
Good idea that, hoping it doesn’t happen again . Knocked my confidence in it a bit . Oh and I meant the YouTube video instructions

Just upgraded my 5 speed box to a 6 speed with the addition of one of these nice German knobs! Wifey bought it me for our anniversary prezzie through recommendations in this thread, many thanks @Pedro20001 and @Rioja John ! Before I jump in, the 2 wires for the illuminations come from the fuse box below the gearstick? Piggy back fuse? Please help me! Please.....!

16996143071432794377783670829270.jpg

It’s a really nice gear knob to be fair and makes in my opinion a nicer experience driving. It’s been faultless since my rubbish first install.

I suppose you could always wire it into the ambient circuit and then it would come on as it gets dark and dim with the rest of the lights?

Back