T6.1 flashing oil light ,oil pressure light,handbrake light, brake fluid light all coming on when i start the van

dodge

Hi ,I'm hoping someone can help me with my t6.1 ,The oil sensor light came on about 3 months ago and oil pressure light ,so I changed the oil pressure switch and it seemed to fix the problem, but now its back again with oil light flashing ,oil pressure light coming on. Handbrake light and brake fluid on ,any idea what the problem could be ,?

Welcome to the forum.
Strangely I was only reading a thread earlier that has some similarities with your post;

Anyway, to give yourself the best chance of getting good advice, it's usually helpful to let people on here know what engine type you have, i.e the power output, age and rough mileage. I assume it's no longer under VW warranty?

Welcome to the forum.
Strangely I was only reading a thread earlier that has some similarities with your post;

Anyway, to give yourself the best chance of getting good advice, it's usually helpful to let people on here know what engine type you have, i.e the power output, age and rough mileage. I assume it's no longer under VW warranty?
Hi DaveD,thanks for your reply, it's 180bhp highline model,with 250000km on the clock ,it's not losing power and is driving ok ,

Hi DaveD,thanks for your reply, it's 180bhp highline model,with 250000km on the clock ,it's not losing power and is driving ok ,

You say it's a T6.1 but I didn't think there was a 180Hp version of the T6.1, I might be wrong though.
That's a fair lot of miles, it's reasonable to assume that the engine is suffering from the normal wear that any engine would suffer from at those miles. (although some of the older 180 engines had a specific problem caused by the EGR cooler, which was later revised.)
You can't ignore the brake fluid light, is the fluid in the brake fluid reservoir at the level it should be at?
I think you need a good mechanic to go over the van and give you a realistic appraisal of it's problems and your options, a compression test and analysis of the oil may give an indication of the condition of your engine.

You say it's a T6.1 but I didn't think there was a 180Hp version of the T6.1, I might be wrong though.
That's a fair lot of miles, it's reasonable to assume that the engine is suffering from the normal wear that any engine would suffer from at those miles. (although some of the older 180 engines had a specific problem caused by the EGR cooler, which was later revised.)
You can't ignore the brake fluid light, is the fluid in the brake fluid reservoir at the level it should be at?
I think you need a good mechanic to go over the van and give you a realistic appraisal of it's problems and your options, a compression test and analysis of the oil may give an indication of the condition of your engine.

Thanks again for reply ,yes the level is good on reservoir and pads are good ,I think I will have to book it in to volkswagon and c what comes back Thanks

Back