T6.1 ecu manufacturer- delphi or bosch?

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, does anyone know when vw changed the ecu from delphi to bosch on the t6.1? Mine was registered march 2021 so guessing it was built January ish? Thanks in advance

If its relevant and you need to know the exact manufacture date pm me your vin and i will fetch it for you

This is very loosley based but just had a quick scan of etka and obviously there are tons of different engine codes and part number revisions etc but theres seems to changes in May 2020 and another in Nov/Dec 2020 and nothing obvious since so i would guess one of those ?

Fab mate, I'm looking at a pendle remap so as mine is an earlier build, it should have the Delph ecu which they can remap

I would guess the change relates to new series of engines - thus engine codes Dxxx. T6 and early T6.1 had CXxx engine codes with Delphi ECU.

Is it possible to tell which ECU from the autoscan?

My T6 2020 could not be remapped today.

All T6 ecu versions are unlocked for mapping, you might have dodged a bullet if the mapper was telling you they couldn’t do it.

Are you saying they can’t remap a T6, because they did mine no problem at all.

If yours is a 102 then maps were mostly withdrawn for these, but that’s not because the ecu isn’t unlocked.

Or do you mean you have a 6.1 with Bosch ecu which hasn’t been unlocked?

I've been trying to contact pendle performance for a while with no luck what so ever . left VM but nothing . and the latest youtube being over 12 months old .
Guessing their not trading or sold the business . I've spoken to Darkside developments and they state on the caravelle 2021 isnt mappable at the moment . i guess the Bosch thing.

Back