T6.1 DRL LED Upgrade

marmite monster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone know if you can get led drl bulbs for t6.1?
these are the bulbs below.

Very different to the old t6 bulbs you can get from travlin lite / Halfords etc
7870E02C-41FB-4DC9-A97E-049DB551404C.jpeg7870E02C-41FB-4DC9-A97E-049DB551404C.jpegAC7EB8F4-8E6F-42EF-A3DE-F02D13B4DC66.jpeg

You may need the bulb monitoring to be turned off with vcds or carista or obd11, I found my H4’s would throw a code whenever I managed to get both filaments to light at the same time, It depends on how the H15 is used, I”m guessing one filament is DRL and one is High beam, i don’t think the DRL is monitored.

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, just purchased my first Transporter this week (T6.1 2021).

I can see already by looking at previous posts, that the daytime running lights upgrade seems popular.... However today I removed the DRL bulb on my T6.1 (bulb closest to grill) and it came out as an assembly (bulb in its holder). When replacing with LED's, does the whole assembly have to be exchanged? Or can you pull out the bulb from the holder? I didn't want to try to remove the bulb incase it was damaged.

If anyone could copy in any links to the correct style/fitments and options out there, that would be great.

Cheers

Old thread revival has anyone successfully changed they’re drl’s to white ones if so which ones have you used ?

Back