T6.1 barn-door to T6 tailgate conversion

Chris2355

Hi Guys,my name is Chris. I bought a new T6.1 last September. It has everything I wanted except a tailgate. Unfortunately I was towing a trailer that unhitched and damaged one of my barn doors. Adrienne of mine knew a guy with a t6 with a tailgate and we decided to change.
I have fitted the doors after alot of work and finally got the lights working too.
I thought the electrical components were essentially the same on both models as the barn doors operate bus motor and micro switch .
I have probed the remaining cables but they are not giving me any pulses?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again

Hi Guys,my name is Chris. I bought a new T6.1 last September. It has everything I wanted except a tailgate. Unfortunately I was towing a trailer that unhitched and damaged one of my barn doors. Adrienne of mine knew a guy with a t6 with a tailgate and we decided to change.
I have fitted the doors after alot of work and finally got the lights working too.
I thought the electrical components were essentially the same on both models as the barn doors operate bus motor and micro switch .
I have probed the remaining cables but they are not giving me any pulses?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again
You’ll need to run two cables back to the BCM for the lock.

Click on the tag at the top of the page and you’ll see some posts about it.
Good luck

I thought that didn't need to be done in this instance because both doors operated on similar locking mechanisms.
The t6.1 barn doors have a microswitch to activate the lock as does the tailgate.

I thought that didn't need to be done in this instance because both doors operated on similar locking mechanisms.
The t6.1 barn doors have a microswitch to activate the lock as does the tailgate.
But does the switch remain live, or is it only pulsed when the signal is sent?

Back