T6.1 50 Shades of pure grey

Hi I have the same van and had to get a re spry no the bonnet and wing due to bird poo eating the paint, and looker’s vw in Guilford do the work as it’s only 2weeks old and I had the same problem, but got them to re paint it

440BA4CC-18F7-4672-8294-09B973B737CB.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Unfortunately VW can at their discretion complete any repairs necessary before first delivery and dont seem obliged to say anything so its possible its been damaged and repainted

A few years ago I had a golf estate from new, and I scraped one of the doors against a concrete bollard, when I took it to the accident repair centre they took me aside and showed it had been repaired before it had been handed over to me, at that point obviously I couldn't do anything. In this case I would take it up with the dealer, thats very noticeable.

Pure grey is a terrible colour to paint and match, I had my van totally colour changed to pure grey, they mopped it to death the shine was amazing but you could see stripes where they’d mopped it , it looked like a zebra , it was all painted the same time with the same paint but every panel looked a different colour, I ended up taking it elsewhere and getting it repainted in a different colour , I also couldn’t believe how easy it shows scratches, my mates had one from brand new , it looks terrible .

Thought the pure grey would of been easier as it is a solid colour, is that also the same to match Indium grey

How any professional painter can sign that off as a job completed is beyond me. Least they could’ve done is blend it in on the panels next to it.

My indium van is the same, so obvious which bits have been resprayed and which haven’t and if I can see it why can’t the guy that’s just painted it and put it back together.

I blame it on the fact they just don’t give a crap

Thought the pure grey would of been easier as it is a solid colour, is that also the same to match Indium grey
My van was originally indium grey , bought from Salop vans, it was like a patchwork quilt I should never have bought it , but I was dazzled by the spoilers, wheels etc etc hence I ended up with a repaint , I tried just having its painted in indium but I was ocd and it never looked quite right .

Back