T5 20” Sportline replicas

OK guess not then? .....

Well was in a bodyshop today with a T5 with these wheels and they look very nice as 20's

But.....

They are 9j wheels, the one today had 275 40 20 tyres all round but the front in particular stick out from the wing so I'm guessing this will cause bad stone chips?

Any suggestions as i want to buy a set ...

Cheers

image1.JPG

Possibly it'll depend on the ET figure, and if spacers are being used. These are most likely copy's as I'm pretty sure VW only made these in 18's, it may be hard to locate a supplier, and/ or get info on the ET.

Have you tried the "will they fit" internet site? If you plug those sizes in to it as well as the originals it'll tell you how much further they will stick out.

My abts are 20x9" et 45. They stick out a tad. Only my side skirts have chips on the front edge. It does flick mud up the door.
And because race van I'm going to add a 12mm spacer on the front so I can get the mud to flick up the side door.

On the old van I had 8.5" et 13 bortbet a. Those stuck out loads. No chips. Again just mud.

cool
I think just buy then!
Just need to decide on the tyres now .... 275 35 20 but which brand ..

Choice is limited. I had kumho ecsta le sport ku39. Going to try the Goodyear Assymetric 2 next. For some reason they don't do the Assymetric 3 in this size.

From what i can see, please tell me if I'm wrong!
the 275 35 20's are only load rated to 102? this is too low for a T32?

Needed new wheels for the Camper so decided to put my Kombi's 18" Sportlines on there.

Hunting around for 20" replacements I can across some "Sportline GP 20" - non genuine.

They are load rated to 950kg & fitted with 106y Tyres.

I'm very pleased with them!

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_8751.JPG

Now I thought I clocked VW doing 20" when I looked in the accessories brochure the other day but on looking they were Amarok ones

Back