T5.1/T6 DSG reversing switch location

For a head unit install?

Or you got a different issue?

For a head unit install?

Or you got a different issue?
I’m trying locate the reverse switch on dsg to get the rear reverse lights wired up as vechical was Oringaly manual but now 7 speed dsg. I assume it’s canbus as couldn’t see anything in the daigrams or dsg selector, possibly run threw bcm via canbus?

it looks to be the Reverse lamps M16 & M17

are fed from the BCM J519 T73b/12 grn/blk

and the BCM gets the revers signal from the DSG Mechtronic unit J743 over the powertrain CAN link.

1699135507652.png1699135646975.png1699135636430.png1699135926516.png

++++++++++++++

what is VCDS showing when selecting the different gears?

is the right gear being displayed in the dash display?

can you command ON the reverse lights in vcds?

has the van & modules been coded for the gearbox change?

Buggerd that that then as conversions in a earlier van I may have to mod a reverse switch , thankyou dell , conversions a bit of mix
Audi rs3 engine and box / ( dq500) vw t5.1 shifter
Gears select and show in cluster ( t5.1) show in gearbox when selecting ) too

I think the manual box has a direct switch linked to the lights.

So if the clocks are seeing the correct gear selection from the dsg, then the BCM must be seeing it too.

So you will need to go to the BCM and check the reverse lights terminal above.

You will need to test the feed at that terminal, and Run a new cable from the BCM to the reverse light,

With above I don’t have a bcm with it been audi engine and gearbox ( yes find the oringal 2 green / green/ black wires which make rear reverseing. Come on / as the transporter is only 2006 t5. I do have the oringal audi bcm ( but couldn’t find any wireing daigrams/ data ( same t5.1 bcm isn’t the same canbus signals

IMG_4769.jpeg

The BCM is the Body control module.

So you have the Audi engine and computer, ECM.

And the DSG gearbox.

But the clocks and doors and lights etc etc etc c on the van are all run from the T5 BCM.

So I'm assuming you have the T5 factory BCM stil running.

And assuming that the ECM is connected to the BCM and clocks etc....

The T5 BCM is up under the dash above the peddles.

The BCM is the Body control module.

So you have the Audi engine and computer, ECM.

And the DSG gearbox.

But the clocks and doors and lights etc etc etc c on the van are all run from the T5 BCM.

So I'm assuming you have the T5 factory BCM stil running.

And assuming that the ECM is connected to the BCM and clocks etc....

The T5 BCM is up under the dash above the peddles.

Only left old bcm to power central locking/ lights/ wipers tbh , as it’s only 06 not complatable with anything on audi side ,
On audi side I run engin/ box/ ecu/ abs pump/ canbus module /. No bcm ( I do have a t5.1 bcm but carnt be conected to audi can it’s only used for heater box to move the flap dails if that makes sense

So what's running the door locks, windows , lights etc?

Ah I see.

So you need to find the pin out for the Audi BCM to find the correct reverse light feed.

Ah I see.

So you need to find the pin out for the Audi BCM to find the correct reverse light feed.
Yearh as I was going to add audi bcm , I found some lives earths ( was 100% on them ) plus hard to find daigrams on it , otherwise I would have had added a few other bits too

Back