T5.1 Automatic sliding doors failing

Hilts09

Morning, driver side door opens on handle, at second attempt, slides all the way open and then closes straight away. It takes me standing against it to stop it. Will not close on fob. UNless bizarrely you close the left had door, then it closes!

Passenger side door was working okay, but now when you try and open it, makes a horrible noise, and opens about 8 inches. Cable drops down out of the side of the van. Have to push it to close. It is as iff the spool is not winding the cable in to pull the door open.

Auto electrician had been out to see the doors prior to the passenger door failing, and said that the door ECU needed replacing as it was not communicating properly.

Firstly, driver side, is it an easy job to get to the ECU, and is it just plug and play with the new one (have found on ebay for about £65. Will I need to do anything once replaced? Do I access it from where the speakers are inside?

Secondly, the passenger side door, is this common, anyone any ideas please?

I had issues caused by a leaking window. Maybe get that checked out before carrying out any repairs. VW fitted a new window under warranty on mine.

Back