T32 Suspension Options

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
I am looking to get my T32 Kombi a bit lower and riding better - Not looking for really low - But it does look a bit high right now! There seem to be quite a few options - Just looking for some advice on what gives the best improvement versus cost - I would love air but it isn't going to happen at £5k plus...

The most common option seems to be Bilstein B14 - Probably my current 1st choice, but stock seems to be low of T32 right now and I am thinking about taking a trip to Transporter HQ and getting a few bits done at the same time.

Then there is the Stance+ ultra - Not much feedback on those but a lot cheaper.

Or I could go for lower springs - Don't know much about this option though.

Also, I have seen mention that the T32 has beefier ARBs - Would the H&R ARB upgrade be worth considering over the stock ones?

Last edited:
Its a minefield mate, and people have their differing opinions. All i can say is i went for the b14's and have not been disappointed. I wanted them because of the options to adjust to suit the look and feel.
Obviously Stance,vanslams, and eibach do adjustable as well, so i suppose its how much you want to shell out. I haven't heard anything bad regarding the stance + ultra, and like you say they are a damn site cheaper than b14s.
Mines a t32 and i to was told the arbs were a bit beefier and the upgrade wasn't really justifiable, but a lot of the guys on here do say the upgraded arbs on a t32 does make a difference with feel and handling. I am still in two minds as to get mine done.

Hi @goldeneye243 there is loads of info on this forum and lots of opinion too. Get used to working out the difference, but once you have decided which way you want to go, and it's very subjective; read though it all, search is defo your friend but when you do decide, I will be interested in your springs... :D

OEM T32 sportline springs are 30mm lower and a straight swap. (Prob the cheapest option)

Bum. Dont really want lower... :confused:
Want to maintain current altitude so the KO2's will look good when I get them on.

So, I have just got some new wheels and thinking about lowering options again.

The wheels are Riva SUV with 245/40/20 tyres 9" wide 5x120 ET48

Will it lower OK without rubbing? I don't want it really low, but still thinking about some coilovers at a high setting to level it up.

Any advice appreciated before I spend any money!!

Back