T32 best 40mm springs?

VanMan48

T6 Pro
The new van arrives in a few weeks and looking to get this lowered 40mm with some 18" supermetal rims.

My question is what 40mm options are there that wouldn't give too harsh a ride? The van will stay as it is for a year or so until I can afford to have a slidepods conversion and pop roof, so extra weight will be added, just not for the mo.

Can't afford B14's sadly. Should I be looking at 30mm instead for a softer ride?

Ta!

If you have a T32 and run with little to no weight 40mm can be a bit crashy and jangle a bit over bumps, not so much of a problem if you carry weight or have a lower rated van T28/T30

Yes its a T32 (on order). Weight wise it will be going camping a few times a year, carrying bikes, and normal usage. Then in a year or so adding a slidepod and pop roof, caravelle rails etc.

Its up to you mate i just think if you are running empty it can be a bit jangly at times, i have H&R 40mm on mine been on for over a year now and i am planning to swap for B14 when funds (and the wife) allow

T32 on the H&R springs for a T32 think it was called kit 4 but not 100%

Thanks Pauly. Mines t30 but was thinking of going with kit 1 which is soft/soft cause I'm running empty most of time so be nicer ride.

Yes this is now my dilemma as will go for h&r springs on the t32. Which kit to go for as will run empty for a good year or so before converting.

The front ok its the jangly rears that bother me, it is a touch firm but rather this way than standard springs
Just remember if you fit the wrong kit you are basically down rating the suspension, this will affect the load capability of your van and is probably against some rules and regs somewhere, technically it may be an MOT failure but cant see anyone would ever know ??

Maybe its safer to have kit 4 then... I was going to just have 18" alloys on, nothing bigger, so does having this size lessen the harshness of the ride as it were?

The new van arrives in a few weeks and looking to get this lowered 40mm with some 18" supermetal rims.

My question is what 40mm options are there that wouldn't give too harsh a ride? The van will stay as it is for a year or so until I can afford to have a slidepods conversion and pop roof, so extra weight will be added, just not for the mo.

Can't afford B14's sadly. Should I be looking at 30mm instead for a softer ride?

Ta!

If you're planning on keeping the van I would seriously consider saving for the B14's

I don't have the 30mm Eibachs but my mate has them on his T6 T30 and the ride is very hard, although on the plus side you get to keep the warranty

Yeah planning to keep it, but for the mo my only option funds wise will be the H&R's, long term in a year or two's time the B14's could be a possibility hopefully.

I have changed my standard rear t32 springs for standard t30 s and it drives much better even with all my tools in it . The fronts are the same so you could fit the soft set then change the rears to the hard ones when you convert if needed . The rears are very easy to change .

I believe we have spoken via email today. I have vans in stock on H&R springs if you want a ride out in one ?

Back