Swivel seats in Kombi

Keredewor

T6 Pro
Are they worth including in a factory order considering the 2/1 passenger seat in the rear is fixed ?

Thank you

Yes, very useful. Not a huge gap between seats when swivelled but enough. Had them on my last 2 factory order vans

Thank you so much

With lockdown it's impossible to go look at any vans

It is for my daughters Kombi that I am speccing up ... she has 3 very young kids and the van will have a rear bench seat split 1/2 with double sliding doors so I thought the swivel seats would bad good for when parked up etc ?

We have a 2008 California with swivels but of course the rear bed/seat is on rails and it's perfect for facing each other but the fixed passenger seat looks quite close to the swivels

Being cheeky you wouldn't have a pic of the swivels facing the rear bench so I can have an idea would you

As the Kombi is factory order I just want to get it right

Much appreciated

Last edited:
I don’t bother to turn the drivers seat that often, it’s a faff, but you can do it.

158436FC-93CE-4C14-8B68-E0F9E0146CFD.jpeg

Thank you ... yep we have them on our California and it's a technique considering the handbrake... the van will have a rear seat split 1/2 like yours for the isofix for 3 young kids ... not a lot of room between the swivel and the rear seat but I guess enough considering they are young and short in the legs!!

This is the only picture I have got. I would go for the factory swivels. The aftermarket swivels raise the seat height by quite a bit and means if you are on the short side you may struggle.

2018-03-12 16.11.49.jpg

This is the only picture I have got. I would go for the factory swivels. The aftermarket swivels raise the seat height by quite a bit and means if you are on the short side you may struggle.

I’m 6ft 7", the Sportskraft swivels don’t take too much headroom away.

View attachment 102626
Thank you

Is this a Factory Kombi with fixed rear seat bench seat as the distance between front and rear seats looks different to Insert Coin ??

Thanks

Thank you

Is this a Factory Kombi with fixed rear seat bench seat as the distance between front and rear seats looks different to Insert Coin ??

Thanks
Yes, this is a Factory Kombi with a 2+1 (the 1 removed). I suggest there is not enough knee room for two adults sitting opposite each other.

You loose the height adjustment with the factory swivels. If you are tall, the seat is always in the highest position so could be an issue. I am not tall and find them too high for my comfort - just a point worth considering.

I would go aftermarket, albeit they sit slightly higher at their lowest, but you retain the height adjustment.

If driver height is an issue you can buy lowered seat boxes (there is thread on here) and fit aftermarket swivels to them. I have an offset Kiravans swivel on the passenger seat and a sportscraft one on the drivers side. You may read that the Kiravans swivel plates squeak, a little bit of lube cures it. I find the sportscraft one easier to operate though.

Yes, this is a Factory Kombi with a 2+1 (the 1 removed). I suggest there is not enough knee room for two adults sitting opposite each other.
Thanks, as it is for 2 adults in the front and 3 small children in the rear it's a worthwhile factory option considering the low cost....thanks for all your replies

Back