Factory swivel - swap

Lecoste1

Hello all,
I have factory front swivel Captain Seats on my shuttle. I want to swap the swivel bases to a new Caravelle front seats which are heated. Is the seat bases easy swap over?
Thank you in advance Ray

I believe the bases are fixed to the floor with 4 bolts and then the seat is fixed to the base with 4 bolts

I believe the bases are fixed to the floor with 4 bolts and then the seat is fixed to the base with 4 bolts
Factory swivels are in the seats, thats why you lose the height adjustment. I have read on here that it is possible to retro fit.

Factory swivels are in the seats, thats why you lose the height adjustment. I have read on here that it is possible to retro fit.
Right, sorry I misread the question. I thought it was just about swapping the seats. That makes more sense!

Yes, the swivels are in the seats. I believe someone on here tried to retrofit the swivel to a different seat but not sure if they were successful

Right, sorry I misread the question. I thought it was just about swapping the seats. That makes more sense!

Yes, the swivels are in the seats. I believe someone on here tried to retrofit the swivel to a different seat but not sure if they were successful
Thank you for the reply. I’m searched here but can’t find anything..
Hopefully someone will come along with more info.

Possibly daft question but if the aim is to gain heated seats I assume your van has the wiring in place for that or you have a plan?

I took out my height adjustable base and swapped it with a factory swivel.
Pretty straight forward. Not many bolts.
Remove the seat base 4x bolts, back rest 4x bolts and swap. The seat base only uses two bolts though and has a bit that slides in instead for the rear ones. Plastics are different

20220901_182241.jpg

20220901_195510.jpg

20220901_195516.jpg

20220901_195524.jpg

Back