Swivel Seat Advice

gdj043

Hi there,
Brand new to the forum and am currently planning a purchase/build rather than have one already.

I think I’m going to get a Shuttle, giving me the right options re family whilst gradually converting.

One thing I’d like to do is swap the middle row of 3 for 2 captains seats.

I’ve not been able to find anything googling suggesting this is possible, other than by swapping in a Caravelle seat set/runners. I don’t think this would be right, because ultimately I want to change the rear bench to a bed.

So two questions really:
1 is it possible to do?
2 if i do, will I still be able to fit a seat/bed in the back? Maybe if the second row seats are spun round?

Advice/thoughts welcome!
Thanks

NWCC do a Verso conversion, this gives the option to have a second row double bench in any position on rails which can also be a double seat bed when laid flat.
It would be possible to fit two double benches (2nd and 3rd row) on a SWB, if the cabinets are not fitted it would allow passengers access to the 3rd row.

I guess really I’m looking for a caravelle lay out of seats. I don’t want a kitchen in it particularly. But the rear bench to be a bed if poss.

Buy a panel van and fit caravelle rails and seats. @ middle seats swivel and the third row triple seat can be used as bed with a multiflex board.

Hi there,
Brand new to the forum and am currently planning a purchase/build rather than have one already.

I think I’m going to get a Shuttle, giving me the right options re family whilst gradually converting.

One thing I’d like to do is swap the middle row of 3 for 2 captains seats.

I’ve not been able to find anything googling suggesting this is possible, other than by swapping in a Caravelle seat set/runners. I don’t think this would be right, because ultimately I want to change the rear bench to a bed.

So two questions really:
1 is it possible to do?
2 if i do, will I still be able to fit a seat/bed in the back? Maybe if the second row seats are spun round?

Advice/thoughts welcome!
Thanks
Have you sorted your dilemma? I own a shuttle lwb and I've just converted my twin passenger seat to a single captains seat. It is dead easy but pricey for a single seat. As for bed option, you may consider removing the 3rd row bench, and install the fortywinks bed/parcel shelf option for around £500. Its pretty easy and quick to fit and remove.

Hi thanks. Spoken to a local firm who don’t think there would be space to have a bed (six foot folded out) with chairs in the middle row position. Even in the LWB there isn’t the room apparently.

Which, having thought about it a bit more, raises the possibility of taking out the middle row whenever we go camping. Need to read up on the captains seats. Not sure how easy that is.

Back