Switching from leisure battery dc supply to a 240 v ac- 12v dc power supply to feed a load ( fridge )

AGM battery and not sure what the charger is as it was all installed for me , Im just adding things,

Don’t worry about that. A decent charger can output 10A continuously. Your fridge will take about 5-6A spasmodically. Your leisure battery will be fine. Ours has been fine in the South of France several times.

Pete

Thanks to everybody for the input on this over thought out concept .. it worked as I expected .
But one aspect I did not bring up due to not wanting to over complicate the general schematic of the idea .
Was that I also use a victron solar controller and my load output is coming from there … the shared negative between the two circuits confused the power monitoring of the load output … it worked of course but I could no longer monitor the load output current and power ( using the victron app ), this is unacceptable to me of course !
So I’m no longer continuing my switch idea instead I’m keeping the two circuits totally separated. Voilà , out of interest does anyone else use these sockets / plugs ? I find them far better than the old cigarette lighter nonsense

5BDF6A57-DB42-433E-A863-34356001CC15.jpeg

334A94C5-AEE4-4757-8F1D-A0C22BC88D7C.jpeg

Back