Swissvans rear spoiler

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
who on here as a Swissvans rear spoiler? Sorry for long winded write up, people need to check there spoilers with artificial light.
Polishing the van last Saturday evening I know how sad should of been on the beer :(
come to do the rear hatch was loosing the light fast due to it being 9pm my neighbours think I'm bonkors :rofl:
I get my Makita lantern out to see if I've missed any polish , put the light up to the rear spoiler to my horror :eek:I found this lamination coming away from each other:cry: only hairline crack but it's got to be sorted .
I ping some photos over, reply , is that a crack, no sh*t Sherlock it is a crack 2 of the blinking things.
They will send a new plastic version up to Wrexham vw once they arrive in May to replace bet it will be a bugger to get off.
Mine has been on 8 months so for any lads or girls who have one fitted keep a eye on it

IMG_2134.PNG IMG_2135.PNG

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye on mine when it turns up. Sunday evening though expecting a response? That's a bit unfair, appreciate you wanted it sorted, but leaning on someone outside business hours?

Depending on the plastic, fibre glass would be cheaper. If it's not prepped properly the paint pulls away pretty quickly. Some Kit car bodies have shocking finishes, especially if the mould gets contaminated.

I'll keep an eye on mine when it turns up. Sunday evening though expecting a response? That's a bit unfair, appreciate you wanted it sorted, but leaning on someone outside business hours?
He is the sales manager runs the Facebook page from home so I knew I could contact him on the weekend ,didn't want to go threw the fitting manager as he is usless.
And another reason to try sort it on a weekend the prison I'm currently working on your not allowed to use your phone onsite, we have them on us but don't make calls.

Last edited:
He is the sales manager runs the Facebook page from home so I knew I could contact him on the weekend ,didn't want to go threw the fitting manager as he is usless.
And another reason to try sort it on a weekend the prison I'm currently working on your not allowed to use your phone onsite, we have them on us but don't make calls.

Hope not to many have problems, the guy will be unindated with messages from unhappy customers if they all see this. ;) I'll be checking the fitting and finish on mine with a fine tooth coomb when it turns up.

Depending on the plastic, fibre glass would be cheaper. If it's not prepped properly the paint pulls away pretty quickly. Some Kit car bodies have shocking finishes, especially if the mould gets contaminated.
@Tombs, I have been waiting for their plastic version. Reason being is that they wanted £500+ to paint and supply a fibreglass one to me (back in October last year), however they told me they had a plastic one going into production and it'd be half the price. Been waiting since.
Decided the fibreglass would be too brittle so waiting for the plastic one. Got to admit starting to wonder if to get one from them now?

who on here as a Swissvans rear spoiler? Sorry for long winded write up, people need to check there spoilers with artificial light.
Polishing the van last Saturday evening I know how sad should of been on the beer :(
come to do the rear hatch was loosing the light fast due to it being 9pm my neighbours think I'm bonkors :rofl:
I get my Makita lantern out to see if I've missed any polish , put the light up to the rear spoiler to my horror :eek:I found this lamination coming away from each other:cry: only hairline crack but it's got to be sorted .
I ping some photos over, reply , is that a crack, no sh*t Sherlock it is a crack 2 of the blinking things.
They will send a new plastic version up to Wrexham vw once they arrive in May to replace bet it will be a bugger to get off.
Mine has been on 8 months so for any lads or girls who have one fitted keep a eye on it

View attachment 7535 View attachment 7536
I shall have a look at mine tomorrow...

Back