Swirl marks on black van

Birdy1

I‘ve recently purchased Transporter T6 on a 19 plate from a main dealer. On both of the days when I took it for a test ride, and when I collected the van, it was wet and overcast. I have since noticed when the sun is out, that the van, which is a black metallic colour, has shadowy swirls in the paint. I have tried cleaning a couple of areas to fix the issue, but it doesn’t change it.

please see the photos I have attached.

It's my first transporter. Love it, but not sure about this issue. I appreciate any help folks.

C457CB99-6C98-4241-9A7A-B6760B9B4A96.jpeg

0ECAFF48-834A-4152-B78D-F03529DAD408.jpeg

I would speak to a professional detailer first to get their advice then go back to the dealer with info gained.
Personally I’d prefer to get a third party to sort and the dealer pay but the dealer may want to use someone they use regularly.
Either way it needs rectifying, hope you get it sorted.

I would speak to a professional detailer first to get their advice then go back to the dealer with info gained.
Personally I’d prefer to get a third party to sort and the dealer pay but the dealer may want to use someone they use regularly.
Either way it needs rectifying, hope you get it sorted.
Thanks Steve. Sounds like a plan.

a few years ago with a previous vehicle, it was washed after a service, having a black roof the dealers 'wash team' ruined the roof in swirl marks. Initially they wanted to send it to their paint shop to rectify, and then let the 'wash team' finish the job, when it was pointed out we'd be in the same situation, they paid for a detailer to fix the problem.

Not sure thats swirl marks, that looks more a case of a compound thats not been buffed / polished out properly. I had something similar when I got my van, fortunately that was easy to rectify.

Back