Swapping BCM PQ module to go from H80 to 81

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
As in the title I want to swap out my BCM as I have the H80 versions and I would like to upgrade to the H81 module.

I have searched on the forum and cant find what I need. I would like to know the part mnumber I need to buy and also any info on how to swap them over.

Thanks

As in the title I want to swap out my BCM as I have the H80 versions and I would like to upgrade to the H81 module.

I have searched on the forum and cant find what I need. I would like to know the part mnumber I need to buy and also any info on how to swap them over.

Thanks

I would think @Robert is your man

It seems that H81 was onboard (only?) in MY17 vans - with identifiers:
1597682023844.png
Following steps are useful for the swap:
1) Backup of current coding
2) Backup of current adaptations ("Raw Hex" format in VCDS)
Actually the above two are needed for the modules 09 (BCM), 19 (Gateway), 61 (Battery Regulation) as they all live in the BCM.​
3) Backup of Gateway Installation List

On top of the above module 61 has a special dataset (a parameter file, not accessible with VCDS) so hopefully the box already has it preprogrammed.

Out of curiosity what would be different by upgrading the BCM?

It seems that H81 was onboard (only?) in MY17 vans - with identifiers:
View attachment 81825
Following steps are useful for the swap:
1) Backup of current coding
2) Backup of current adaptations ("Raw Hex" format in VCDS)
Actually the above two are needed for the modules 09 (BCM), 19 (Gateway), 61 (Battery Regulation) as they all live in the BCM.​
3) Backup of Gateway Installation List

On top of the above module 61 has a special dataset (a parameter file, not accessible with VCDS) so hopefully the box already has it preprogrammed.

Out of curiosity what would be different by upgrading the BCM?
I will be able to retrofit the Direct tyre pressure monitoring system.

Reactions: mmi
That funny. Many people want to get rid of it, but you want to retrofit it. It can be very annoying when the sensors give up. Good luck.
here is a link to a very informative how to guide. I followed the same guide when replaced mine
Interesting read thanks.

Back