Swapping Alloys - stud question

LT2019

T6 Pro
Hi folks, swapping out some 6.5jx16 highline alloys with BBS SX 8jx18 - would the original VW locking wheel bolts still fit?
Supplier has including some cheapo locking nuts but don't look that unique, so probably not as secure as the OE ones.
Did some searches on here but couldn't confirm. Thanks in advance.

Hi, silly question but does anyone know if I need a particular type of locking wheel nut? I've got 20" alloys on my T6.1 and the only locking wheel nuts I can find come in 2 different sizes, and I'm not even sure they are right?

Thanks

Hiya - I don’t think it’s a silly question (as I can’t give you a definitive answer!) Do you know what brand of wheel you have on? One of the wheel gurus will pop along with some guidance!

Hi, silly question but does anyone know if I need a particular type of locking wheel nut? I've got 20" alloys on my T6.1 and the only locking wheel nuts I can find come in 2 different sizes, and I'm not even sure they are right?

Thanks
Having just had this chat with @The Van Cave i can say it’s a tricky question.

What brand are your alloys, standard VW or aftermarket as this is what dictates the type of locking wheel bolts.

Remove one of your current bolts and send an image then we can tell you what bolt length and pitch you need.

Last edited:
Thanks, appreciate everyone's help.

I don't know the name of the alloy! It's a Camperking conversion and I think these alloys are quite common on their vans, but I can't find the make or model anywhere.

Hopefully someone can advise which locks I should get...

IMG_20220514_092826.jpg

IMG_20220514_092947.jpg

IMG_20220514_092958.jpg

So after some digging around, I think they are called "Worx Twist alloy wheels".

Just need to work out which locking wheel nuts will fit now!

Back