Windscreen Sun shade / sun strip?

I got one done when I had my side windows tinted, got the same shade tint used on both
I think he charged me an extra £20
Dont know if it makes any difference yet though cos there hasn't been any sun since I had it done last October!

Decided against having the names added on there......couldn't make my mind up wether to have the Mrs or the girlfriend's name

20201202_120051.jpg

I got one done when I had my side windows tinted, got the same shade tint used on both
Dont know if it makes any difference yet though cos there hasn't been any sun since I had it done last October!

Decided against having the names added on there......couldn't make my mind up wether to have the Mrs or the girlfriend's name

View attachment 106352
If you have a twin passenger seat you could out both their names on ;)

View attachment 106352

That's it !

Was that applied internally?

That's it !

Was that applied internally?
Yes mate, probably best to get a professional window tinter to do it as it needs cutting round the rear view mirror
So for what it costs you might as well let them supply & fit, then you can pick what shade of tint you want

That's it from the inside, so you have the mirror & the dotted matrix to contend with
That's why I left it to the pro's

20210302_111851.jpg

Lovely job - who did you get to do that?

Reflex window tinting in Wigan, owner called Stuart did it on the inside, two pieces fitted around the rear view mirror stuck to the windscreen so the rain sensor etc works, he was tinting my back windows already

Really happy with the job and quality of work and a nice guy too :thumbsup:

I'm having mine done 80%, anyone with 80% on a rain sensor screen that didn't cut the sensor out with/without issues?

Last edited:
On our last vehicle T5.1 we got one of those window tinting guys to fit us a strip along the top of the windscreen but on the T6 which seems to have lots of ‘detection devices’ behind the rear view mirror we thought best not to incase it interfered.
I know this is old thread had one fitted to my T6 no problems

I'm trying to find something I thought would be simple but it's not! Old school type of faded / graduated tint across the top of the windscreen. Not solid, not a logo, not a gangsta black strip across the top. To fit a 2011 T5.1, so about 150cm x 15cm.

Easy enough to find something for cars (e.g. this Amazon one is the kind of thing, although better quality and 150cm wide for a T5.1: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0857JRJSB/).

I can only see solid sun strips (often with lettering / logo's).

Least worst option so far is a £20 75% tint (not graduated) sent from Sweden and applied to the inside.

Has anyone found anything better? The cheap purple foil ones on ebay definitely not!

I'm trying to find something I thought would be simple but it's not! Old school type of faded / graduated tint across the top of the windscreen. Not solid, not a logo, not a gangsta black strip across the top. To fit a 2011 T5.1, so about 150cm x 15cm.

Easy enough to find something for cars (e.g. this Amazon one is the kind of thing, although better quality and 150cm wide for a T5.1: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0857JRJSB/).

I can only see solid sun strips (often with lettering / logo's).

Least worst option so far is a £20 75% tint (not graduated) sent from Sweden and applied to the inside.

Has anyone found anything better? The cheap purple foil ones on ebay definitely not!
@harveyj09 may be able to advise or help - a window tinter by trade:

Back