Windscreen wipers

dazdave1

Windscreen wiper.

Hi guys can anyone help please. Had a bad frost I thought I'd defrosted the Windscreen but unfortunately the passenger side wasn't. Put the wipers on and only the drivers side worked. Now the passenger side seems to have a mind of its own when the wipers are on. Any ideas how to fix this.

Many thanks

Daz

Windscreen wiper.

Hi guys can anyone help please. Had a bad frost I thought I'd defrosted the Windscreen but unfortunately the passenger side wasn't. Put the wipers on and only the drivers side worked. Now the passenger side seems to have a mind of its own when the wipers are on. Any ideas how to fix this.

Many thanks

Daz

If the driver's side works you haven't blown a fuse or damaged the motor, it is more likely that the passenger side is now slipping on the splined shaft that turns it.
Follow the wiper arm down and you'll see a round black cover which can be removed with a small flat screwdriver. Under there is a nut which secures the wiper arm to the splined shaft. You'll need to loosen the nut until you can reset the wiper arm in the correct position then tighten the nut.
If this doesn't fix your problem then the problem is the linkage and you'll need to remove the scuttle bulkhead to access it.

Follow the wiper arm down and you'll see a round black cover which can be removed with a small flat screwdriver. Under there is a nut which secures the wiper arm to the splined shaft. You'll need to loosen the nut until you can reset the wiper arm in the correct position then tighten the nut.

Back