Sun canopy

Has anyone got / used an Easy Camp Flex Canopy? See: Easy Camp Flex Canopy - buy online here

Intuitively this looks like a good idea - the crossed poles to give a bit of tension and make it a bit more like an umbrella than a paddling pool, but are those poles just going to bang against the van in the wind? We're more often wanting a bit of shelter getting in and out of the van in the rain than wanting a massive canopy for shade so (relatively) small and un-flappy would be our main criteria

Haven't put a rail on the side of my van yet (have a pop-top so can't use the gutter rail) and I'm thinking of using sikoflex only, so also a bit wary about attaching a huge sail to the side of the van...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Reactions: CAB
As I mentioned earlier, I recently bought a Debus, and first used it last week, the weather was dry and temperature was between 25c max and 15c min.
In the evening I moved the poles back and sloped the front down to allow run off in case of a shower.
Each morning the awning was totally soaked through (presumably condensation), and took an hour or so to dry.
I wonder if others have experienced this, and if you've found a cure (other than packing away at night)?
Thanks.

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, I recently bought a Debus, and first used it last week, the weather was dry and temperature was between 25c max and 15c min.
In the evening I moved the poles back and sloped the front down to allow run off in case of a shower.
Each morning the awning was totally soaked through (presumably condensation), and took an hour or so to dry.
I wonder if others have experienced this, and if you've found a cure (other than packing away at night)?
Thanks.

View attachment 213056

View attachment 213057
Heatwave or not it’s still sept so loads of dew settled by the morning. Lucky, because of the heatwave I’m guessing it’s gone after an hour in the sun. This is why I don’t like heavy polycotton awnings because no matter how dry it’s been it’s going to be wet in the morning!

Thanks.

View attachment 213056

View attachment 213057
It’s just the current conditions. It’s been very humid with a heavy dew at night. The dew will chill the canopy causing condensation to form on the underside as heat rises from the relatively warm ground below. Nothing you can do about it other than take the canopy down or wait for it to dry in the morning sun.

Thanks.

View attachment 213056

View attachment 213057
Bizarre! Haven’t experienced this with ours. You could try re-sealing it? Or if it’s new, it might need a good soaking and drying to waterproof. Apparently that’s a think.

Back