Sun canopy

Jonesy68

What do I need to buy next...
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm looking to get a sun canopy and not sure if to go for a Stiches and Steel or something like a Wild Earth. I like the idea of the Stiches and Steel one as you can have it all the way out or drop half down to give you some protection from the wind. The only down side is they only come in black and I have an Indium van... wanted to try and get something grey to match. Any ideas???

I have a debus canapy and it’s still my favourite awning despite spending 1000s on other fancy air things. I have the older poles but these new black ones with quick release adjustment look like a great improvement too!

If you click on the link above don’t bother watching the video, really annoying waste of time. Nearly puts me off the awning (which is barely featured in between pretty people running about)

The Debus is better , the stitches is never taught it flaps about too much for me .
for the money they are to beat easy up and down .

Has anybody tried the new and smaller Stitches + Steel Awning One.

Looks to be a very flexible alternative to the Debus.

DSC03555.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Looks a bit small to me, 1.5M x 2.5M, you get 2 funky poles, max height 3M and 2 pegs. Debus is 2.4m widening to 2.9 x 3M with 3 poles max height 2.3M and a bag of pegs.

I think I still prefer the debus as the added size makes it much more flexible but the S+S poles sound really good, that extra height will really help maintain the fall in different config. I just bought a new set of black debus poles for mine too, wish I’d looked at S+S first!

Outdoor revs cayman is a hands down winner! Sides-front-tops they’ve got it all

And it’s pretty cheap for what it is. I would recommend it

We couldn't find what we wanted so made our own, poles can be placed further back to drop the front down, attaches to roof bars so can be used either side, cost about £120 all in, fabric, sturdy telescopic poles, groundsheet, pegs and guy ropes

IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG

Last edited:
I have a debus canapy and it’s still my favourite awning despite spending 1000s on other fancy air things. I have the older poles but these new black ones with quick release adjustment look like a great improvement too!

If you click on the link above don’t bother watching the video, really annoying waste of time. Nearly puts me off the awning (which is barely featured in between pretty people running about)
Well I had to watch the Video after that.... WTF!! What a complete waste of time 1.22 and only max 5 seconds of the Awning and even then it doesn't show you any features.:mad: They need to change their marketing company.

Might buy the awning though, only because of recommends on here. :thumbsup:

Anyone got the Kiravans Railsail? More than twice the price of others. Says it's "heavy duty" but struggling to justify the cost.

Some of the labelling on my Debus sunshade bears the Vango logo and the repair kit supplied with it is also labelled Vango, so it looks like they are one and the same product and are made in the same Bangladesh factory.

Back