Sub box size?

RobFlynn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hopefully someone on here can answer this so I don’t have to join another bloody forum!

I’m building a sealed sub enclosure that for a multitude of reasons has ended having a volume (displacement by sub deducted) of about 23.75 litres.
Sub details...
Size: 10”
VAS: 18 litres
FS: 46 Hz

Is the box too big and if so what will the effect be? I’ve read up on infinite baffles but don’t know it 30% greater than VAS is in this territory.

Components will be having frequencies above 80Hz. I was thinking about sub taking everything below 80-100Hz. Thoughts?

I want the bass to be tight and responsive but to also go LOW.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think I’m good anywhere between 18 and 35 litres. I can’t go any bigger than I have, any benefits to reducing my current volume?

Which sub are you installing @RobFlynn can't see it being an issue. The extra volume will help with lower extention. Good choice on the sealed enclosure. I'm not a ported fan

Thanks. I’m almost at the glue and screw stage and was struck with the “point of no return uncertainty fear”.

Sub - Pioneer TS-W261

I bought this over a decade ago and had it in a sealed composite box in a golf. Sounded great (I think). It will certainly do for now.

Back