Stuck - How to remove rear bumper?

Graybags

VIP Member
I’ve watched a couple of vids but stuck on how to remove a T6 startline (black plastic) bumper.
1. how do I remove the poppers underneath the bumper?
they have an inner plastic bit which screws out of the outer popper but I can’t for the life of me can’t get them of without completely destroying them.

2. Mine is not like in the youtube vids, it has black plastic covers at the top of either end of the bumper, how do these come off?

Thanks
Graham

FC539E11-1E30-417B-9416-1CFA0A7B00A5.jpeg

94B500C1-CE8D-4898-8076-BAC106DB7F7D.jpeg

They can be fiddly but I use a two pronged trim tool to get under the top part of the fixing. Think of it as a screw in a wall plug.

More info here...

Screenshot_20220408-131037_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220408-131024_Chrome.jpg

Thanks a lot guys for all the info but I’ve given up. Broke the three poppers underneath - no big deal unless they cost a fortune. I’m fitting reversing sensors and have decided to fit them with the bumper in situ.

I fitted my reversing sensors in situ no problem, however a lot of laying in the ground!!!!.It was a pain finding the correct wire for reverse. In the end, used the reversing camera + feed.

on the nearside light cluster: green/brown (pin 2 next to blank pin) = reversing light, Brown = neutral (pin 4)

Back