Stitches and steel panels

Toffermora

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,
Has anyone got the stitches and steel interior panel kit? The wife likes the look of it so am thinking of getting that instead of ply panels, just wondered if anyone had any and what they thought and if they had any photos?
Thanks

I purchased one panel to see what the quality was like. Due to an issue (at the time) with the existing Panel for the sliding door I got the S&S to replace that.

My opinion is that it's not worth the money that they ask for these panels. I know it's made from recycled stuff (unsure what exactly) but it feels and looks like cheap corrugated plastic.

I'll try to get some pictures later when it's light, but I'm about to drive from Glasgow to Bognor, so pics may be tomorrow.

PXL_20230402_144103137.jpg
Whilst it's not damaged not straight, I don't think the holes for clip at the top are space enough at one end and it causes this slight bulge.

PXL_20230402_144110546.jpg
One of the pockets again showing the corrugated plastic construction.

PXL_20230402_144107728.jpg
These are the cross cutouts that hold the bungee cord. Not finished very well in my opinion.

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
Yea they don't look great, I wonder what the side panels are like. That's the main ones I am after. Will show the boss and see what she says! Cheers for the pictures!

The wife (sorry boss) has just asked if they are the latest version or older? Apparently they have changed them.

Hi all,
Has anyone got the stitches and steel interior panel kit? The wife likes the look of it so am thinking of getting that instead of ply panels, just wondered if anyone had any and what they thought and if they had any photos?
Thanks
Did you end up getting these? Just been looking and they look decent (if not insanely expensive!) but this thread has put me right off.

Ha yes I did @adtaylor! I like them and I don't! The idea is good, and I like how they look but they have a number of issues. They are too flimsy really so they can bow out if you have too much insulation behind.
You have to wait about 3/4 weeks to get them because they must only make some when they get ordered
When mine arrived most had been damaged in transit so I had to have a load replaced.
If you have a tailgate, the lower panel has a hole for a switch and I don't have one so had to stick a sticker over that bit.
I haven't worked out how I am attaching the top panel in the tailgate. They send you some kitchen fitting modesty block things but I can't work out how I would use them and make it look half decent.

Haha now I have wrote that lot down there seem a lot more negatives than positives! It's a shame someone else hasn't done similar in a ply version because I think that would work a lot better! I can put some pics on tomorrow if you want to see mine fitted.

Ha yes I did @adtaylor! I like them and I don't! The idea is good, and I like how they look but they have a number of issues. They are too flimsy really so they can bow out if you have too much insulation behind.
You have to wait about 3/4 weeks to get them because they must only make some when they get ordered
When mine arrived most had been damaged in transit so I had to have a load replaced.
If you have a tailgate, the lower panel has a hole for a switch and I don't have one so had to stick a sticker over that bit.
I haven't worked out how I am attaching the top panel in the tailgate. They send you some kitchen fitting modesty block things but I can't work out how I would use them and make it look half decent.

Haha now I have wrote that lot down there seem a lot more negatives than positives! It's a shame someone else hasn't done similar in a ply version because I think that would work a lot better! I can put some pics on tomorrow if you want to see mine fitted.
Thanks man. Really appreciate the update. Sounds like it might be worth swerving then.

Massive shame though, as you say these in ply would be perfect!! Was hoping to not carpet this van but looks like these are the only option.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply, bud

Back