Sterling battery maintainer - Lithium

Thankyou both for replying,
I attempted to fit the Stirling battery maintainer yesterday through bus bars and wired up through the sterling B2B I was told by sterling help line it could be wired in this way.
However I found I had no power to the maintainer whatsoever until I started the engine which im assuming the alternators power kicked in to tell the maintainer to charge.
This is not the way I wanted it to go,
my idea is that I have solar panels that charge the leisure battery through a victron smart solar mppt and then the Sterling battery maintainer would kick in to charge the vehicle battery from the leisure battery,
do I need to go back to basics and wire it up as per instructions and not through the B2B which only seems to work when the engine is running
cheers.

Thankyou both for replying,
I attempted to fit the Stirling battery maintainer yesterday through bus bars and wired up through the sterling B2B I was told by sterling help line it could be wired in this way.
However I found I had no power to the maintainer whatsoever until I started the engine which im assuming the alternators power kicked in to tell the maintainer to charge.
This is not the way I wanted it to go,
my idea is that I have solar panels that charge the leisure battery through a victron smart solar mppt and then the Sterling battery maintainer would kick in to charge the vehicle battery from the leisure battery,
do I need to go back to basics and wire it up as per instructions and not through the B2B which only seems to work when the engine is running
cheers.
I actually have a separate cable from my leisure battery to the Sterling maintainer then to the starter battery. Bottom left hand corner of my diagram:

Attachments

• VW_T6_Wiring_Diagram_V4.pdf
    986.3 KB · Views: 9
Back