Steering/suspension Clunk

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Well, I suppose it had to happen sooner or later! Mine has just developed a clunking noise! I think it's coming from the front suspension but can't be sure yet? It seems to only happen on bumps in the road....no surprise there really. I actually felt it through my feet on a left hand bend today.....which made me think drivers side suspension.....actually, my very first thought was, did I tighten the wheels properly when I put my claytons on for winter!! When I subsequently heard it, it felt like it was coming from the back!! It isn't something rolling around inside the van.....this is definitely coming from underneath. Handling is not affected in any way. Could it be a broken road spring.....unlikely after 19000 gentle miles, but then again who knows? If it is, I'll have a battle on my hands to get VW to cover it....they'll say I've been off roading in it! I've been waiting almost a year for a decision on my paint blistering issue!!! I'll get under it tomorrow but it's unlikely to be anything obvious. Anyone any thoughts?? I think I'll book it in for the new year to be on the safe side but it's one of those problems that wont manifest itself the day I take it in!!!!:thumbsdown:

Well, I suppose it had to happen sooner or later! Mine has just developed a clunking noise! I think it's coming from the front suspension but can't be sure yet? It seems to only happen on bumps in the road....no surprise there really. I actually felt it through my feet on a left hand bend today.....which made me think drivers side suspension.....actually, my very first thought was, did I tighten the wheels properly when I put my claytons on for winter!! When I subsequently heard it, it felt like it was coming from the back!! It isn't something rolling around inside the van.....this is definitely coming from underneath. Handling is not affected in any way. Could it be a broken road spring.....unlikely after 19000 gentle miles, but then again who knows? If it is, I'll have a battle on my hands to get VW to cover it....they'll say I've been off roading in it! I've been waiting almost a year for a decision on my paint blistering issue!!! I'll get under it tomorrow but it's unlikely to be anything obvious. Anyone any thoughts?? I think I'll book it in for the new year to be on the safe side but it's one of those problems that wont manifest itself the day I take it in!!!!:thumbsdown:

IT could be one of the top mounts that have gone

Back