Standard Exhaust location and diagram/picture

karlakT6

Looking for details on the standard exhaust system for a 2018 2litre 150bhp (DSG if it makes a difference). Was there ever a standard setup where the exhaust end pipe did not exit right at the rear of the vehicle ?

On a T6, it's usually a panel van that comes with the shorter exhaust and the kombi gets the longer 'rear exit' pipework.

Whereas the T6.1 can come with either, but I'd suspect that was more due to availability during the covid aftermath.

Thank you for the replies..

So, with this in mind, would it or should it be advisable to get it extended to the rear exit point, I assume the mount points will all be in place. Anyone done similar ?

Thank you for the replies..

So, with this in mind, would it or should it be advisable to get it extended to the rear exit point, I assume the mount points will all be in place. Anyone done similar ?
why would you want to do that?

why would you want to do that?

It was just that when we were in the van yesterday with the engine idling, there seemed to be a strong smell of fumes from under the van - did have the side door and side window open, thought it would be less if it was pushing it out the back. I guess it depends on wind direction as well.

If I am reading things correctly it seems VW did fit longer pipes to the passenger carrying versions of the van ? Perhaps for this very reason

you sure its not a split EGR pipe in the engine bay? (final exhaust fuses shouldnt smell very bad due to the cat and dpf)

but the EGR pipe splitting is a very common issue . . . and yours is a 2018 so prime candidate.

I've had mine done on bot 2018 and 2017 vans.

1712496854907.png

you sure its not a split EGR pipe in the engine bay? (final exhaust fuses shouldnt smell very bad due to the cat and dpf)

but the EGR pipe splitting is a very common issue . . . and yours is a 2018 so prime candidate.

I've had mine done on bot 2018 and 2017 vans.

View attachment 235901

Will check it out, next time she brings the van round, cheers.

I'd be looking into what Dellmassive has said above, you wouldn't normally be able to smell any difference between a short / long exhaust system.

Back