Springs, Coilovers or Air?

doogsboy

Hi all recently changed van from a transit custom to the T6 150 highline DSG with the usual kit on..20 ins alloys,side bars,spoilers...can anyone tell me if I would notice the difference if I was to replace the coilovers to the normal swb springs or are the coilovers just to lower the van? the van is very uncomfortable at the mo unless the road is a very smooth road and there is not many of the around...
Thanx for any advice on this topic.

Chaps,

Expecting delivery of the Kombi in a couple of weeks and im already looking at lowering the vehicle!.
I was going to go with a set of 50mm drop H&R springs but after doing a bit of research I've seen a fair few good reviews on the stance plus coilovers which are roughly the same price as the springs alone.
Am i better off going down the budget coilover setup initially as you obviously get uprated dampers as well, or will i just be buying a cheap set of Chinese turd?

Apparently the Stance plus coilovers are great. And a much better ride than H&R springs alone. A mate of mine did his van and was so impressed he did the other 3 van's at his company too.

I would be very interested to hear from the guys in the know on this. I have bought eibach springs and haven't fitted yet, because i am in two minds as to go all out and buy Bilstein B14s.
That is one hell of a cheap price for coilovers. But having said that are they up to the job?

They come with a 2 year guarantee so I can’t see too much of an issue, after 80k I would be looking at replacing anyway.
Any members here fitted them?

Depends how low and how much you want to spend! ( in order)

Bricks
Springs
Coil-over
Air

If you want to level out the van (front/rear) either coilovers or air would probably be best. Have a search of the forum, there's lots of info, I've got B14's but SoLo also seem to get a lot of love. It really depends on your budget and how low you want to go...

Stance+ street coilovers. I love mine, best money I've spent so far. Amazing ride, very low and still lots more adjustment available.

Back