Sportline Front Spoiler Removal??

I like carbon but for me on a Black van it's all about the same colour, carbon will look untidy and i do think the whole carbon thing is a little cheap looking and dated.

No it's not should be bonded to original bumper it's better to change the bumper for a new one if you want to sell the complete thing pm me and if you like I can exchange my highline one in the deal cheers Paul

No it's not should be bonded to original bumper it's better to change the bumper for a new one if you want to sell the complete thing pm me and if you like I can exchange my highline one in the deal cheers Paul
What would the cost be to exchange my black sportline for a standard Highline?

I have a starlight blue one i can have resprayed or i can get a trade price for a new one then have it painted but not till the morning cheers Paul all are oe parts

I have a starlight blue one i can have resprayed or i can get a trade price for a new one then have it painted but not till the morning cheers Paul all are oe parts
Ok, I thought you had one be there, I misunderstood, I’ll just sort it myself, I’m in the trade.

The Sportline splitters are bonded to the bumper in a fashion, but if it's anything like mine then the dealers idea of bonding is a loose term. They are also bolted behind the number plate, and 2 brackets under the arches, along with various clips underneath. They are not too difficult to remove (I did mine a couple of weeks ago, when I glossed blacked all my plastics)
Personally I have grown to love the look of the Sportline splitter, and feel it sets a Black van off nicely, where as i've seen several White vans on here without a splitter at all, and they look the nuts. It's all a personal thing, and I think most of the aftermarket ones look 'w4nk' as the OP so elegantly put it.

I'm now thinking i'll buy a new bumper and just sell mine complete as there seem's to be a few that like them, it's definitely a marmite thing! I had that and roof bars fitted from new and both make the van look tacky in my eye's but we are all obviously different. Thanks though Paul, i'll just price and order from TPS tomorrow.

@Tourershine is the bonding stuff they use visible when you removed the bumper? As in could I clean it up without painting it?

@Tourershine is the bonding stuff they use visible when you removed the bumper? As in could I clean it up without painting it?

It should clean off yes, but won't be a quick easy job, and the mastic used is normally very good.

The main issue will be where the sides of the splitter are in contact with the side of the bumper, paint to paint. This is Likely to leave marks where it's removed the paint on vibration, and any other contact points too.

You will be very lucky if you don't need the bumper touching up in places once you remove the splitter, but I'd be interested to see how you get on.

Back