Spain/portugal Camp Sites

TeamT

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on campsites on the north coast of Spain and west coast of portugal?

We are heading over to Santander this summer for a five week trip heading down to Lagos in portugal and back.

Would love some recommendations of campsites for my wife and I and our three kids anywhere along the coastline, only must is it has to be near the sea for selfish surfing reasons!

Thank you in advance!

We would recommend that you go inland a bit too. There are some wonderful mountainous areas in northern Spain which we experienced last September when we crossed to Santander

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on campsites on the north coast of Spain and west coast of portugal?

We are heading over to Santander this summer for a five week trip heading down to Lagos in portugal and back.

Would love some recommendations of campsites for my wife and I and our three kids anywhere along the coastline, only must is it has to be near the sea for selfish surfing reasons!

Thank you in advance!

We've stayed here Salema Eco Camp – sun nature camp it's about a mile outside the stunning fishing village of Salema, Portugal, with some of the best seafood restaurants we've ever been too. The beach was always immaculate, and never over crowded, and best of all, they made the British feel very welcome.

If you like seafood and perfect golden sunny beaches, the town of Salema is a must if you are going down to Lagos.
The actual site is very rustic and lovely, toilet blocks were always very clean and the pitches are all huge.

I did similar last year and had a great time,I am sure you will too if you like surfing:thumbsup:

Camping Valdovino,great site near surf beach,Pantin Beach scene of various competitions is just round the corner and world class on it's day:thumbsup:

The link below is between Otur and Cueva,both great surfing beaches,there is also a campsite at Otur if you prefer
Camping Tauran |

If you are heading to Portugal then you must visit Peniche,there is a great campsite right in town and you have Supertubos nearby which is absolutely brilliant

I am down that way for 2 months kayak surfing Sept/Oct

You can use Google translate to convert the whole website into English. Just paste the URL into the Google Translate page.

The campsite website says they do not take reservations as the site is so big.

Pete

You can use Google translate to convert the whole website into English. Just paste the URL into the Google Translate page.

The campsite website says they do not take reservations as the site is so big.

Pete
Thanks Pete, much appreciated :thumbsup:

@Salty Spuds

i've just been looking @the website for this site, it looks lovely. Unfortunately the website is all in spanish and I can't see an option to change it to english ? how did you manage to make a booking ? ( or do you speak spanish?)
You can’t book, just turn up. The site is huge & they said it’s never been full. The on-site restaurant is very good too but you can book that when you’re there.

Back