Sound deadening SWB

Diesel9a1

T6 Pro
Ok, what is a typical quantity and spec of sound deadening for a SWB please?
  • Roof
  • Front doors
  • Twin Sliding Doors
  • Rear panels
  • Tailgate
  • D Post - if I can get my hand inside
  • Floor?
Sound deadening
Lining
Insulation

Not ply lining as yet.

Material, spec, quantity please.

My thoughts:
Silent Coat 2mm everywhere
Silent Coat 4mm wheel arches
DoDo Pro Barrier MLV on top of all Silent coat (apart from floor)??

@Diesel9a1 On my SWB Kombi, to sound deaden and insulate all the rear panels (not including wheel arches), sliding door and tailgate I used around 35+ sheets of 2mm Silent Coat (375 x 265 mm) and one roll of Thermafleece Cosywool Sheeps Wool Insulation (Thickness 50mm x Width 570mm x Length 13metres)

No need to do the floor as I have the OEM rubber floor covering and the roof might get a pop top in the future.

I have just done mine. The bulk pack of Silent Coat was spot on for doing sides, tailgate, roof and wheel arches. Silent Coat Extra 4mm Mat Bulk Pack I used the 4mm stuff for added insulation. Have just ordered a small pack off Amazon to do the front doors. On top of the Silent Coat I used this Dacron fleece from Harrison 35mm Dacron 1 roll at 15m
How would you rate the difference say on a scale of 1 - 10 and what sort of time does it take, thanks in advance.

@GARY Doe Night and day, but I also carpeted the interior which helps as well. I can’t really remember how long it took as I did it in bits over a number of weekends and it was a while ago

Back