[SOLVED] Factory Swivels Won't Swivel!

mattkwak

VIP Member
I have just removed my seats to do EHU and leisure battery install and now when I have reinstalled everything the factory swivels won't swivel. I assume something has got out of alignment but can't see what. I have moved the seats fully backwards and forwards and all of that works ok, nothing fouling.

Any assistance appreciated.

Did you resolve this in the end? My passenger seat factory swivel has started sticking - it rotates correctly and freely till it gets to about 120 degrees then bangs into something which stops it. I took the grey plastic bits off the bottom of the seat to see if I could see anything and there is a bracket behind the catch lever that hits part of the base - looks like it would never have been able to get past it but it has worked perfectly since I had the van 14 months ago...

Once I took them off and rotated they were fine. I think something was out of alignment when I bolted it down, maybe with the runners. When I put them back in place all was OK.

I had a nut come loose on a swivel seat that lodged itself in the rotating mechanism, once I found it and removed it all was good again, take a good look all around the seat base and see if there's anything in there that shouldn't be

Back