solar voc issue

Just a random cheapy hack solution but could you cover part of the panel in peak summer, just a strip down one edge to reduce surface area by a few % ??

So, I went for the Victron smart 100/20, also have the BMV712 , if I decide to change out the CTEK what recommendations are there for DC/DC charger?

Renogy DC50s

1655562500847.png

or one of the others

You rate the Renogy over the victron now?
Victron make awesome kit. . .

But the Orion DC-DC (specifically) is only 30A and gets red hot. . . . and is huge, and has no voltage/current monitoring.

++++++++++

so for a DC-DC charger, the Renogy DC50s beats it. - IMHO.

and beats the ctek D250SE

and beats the redarc BCDC1250D

not tested the Sterling ( and dont want to .. to large, fans, ppl showing it failing )

++++++++++

why?

APP based monitoring via BT2
Programmable charge profiles,
Programmable current limiter
Built in MPPT
Built in starter top-up from solar,
stays cool under 80% load.

So If I use the DC50s I wouldn't need the victron MPPT either?
you could use the DC50s MPPT for solar yes.

but when you have any solar connected to the unit it limits each input to 25A + 25A . ( from the 50A possible )

so if you want more than 25A DC-DC charge - then fit a switch on the solar, or just use a separate MPPT ( ie the victron)

you could use the DC50s MPPT for solar yes.

but when you have any solar connected to the unit it limits each input to 25A + 25A . ( from the 50A possible )

so if you want more than 25A DC-DC charge - then fit a switch on the solar, or just use a separate MPPT ( ie the victron)

Got it

Right, I was thinking of leaving the CTEK solar input for the extra fold out panels and using the victron smart Mppt for the 160w panel on the roof.
will this work ok?
Also, what size battery protect should I get? I'm running a 55L compressor fridge and only a few led lights and some usb chargers, would the 65 amp be enough or get the 100?

I can’t imagine you’ll draw more than 20A with the loads you mention. Actually it’s similar to mine and I’ve never seen 10A

The BP65 will pass 250A for 30 seconds too, so no need to worry about start up surges

Right, I was thinking of leaving the CTEK solar input for the extra fold out panels and using the victron smart Mppt for the 160w panel on the roof.
will this work ok?
Also, what size battery protect should I get? I'm running a 55L compressor fridge and only a few led lights and some usb chargers, would the 65 amp be enough or get the 100?
Yep correct on both...

65A is fine.

Back