Solar low amps

Saffa365

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys
Hopefully somebody can educate me .
I’ve got a Renogy 100w flexible solar panel connected to the Renogy 30 dc dc charger with mppt. This charges a 95ah agm leisure battery.
There is virtually no load on the battery ( few usb small shower pump and two reading lights
I just don’t seem to be getting any decent amp ratings from the solar ( according to the App ) . Is this because the battery is charged ?
I've actually redone all the connections thinking I may have messed one up

Any ideas ?

FYI this screen shot was taken after running a fan off the inverter for 15minutes

IMG_9035.png

12.7 is close to topped off for an AGM so I wouldn't regard that as an issue on current evidence.

If you're getting low charging current in good sunlight when the voltage is down under 12.4 (~80%) then that would be more something to investigate.

Best way to test is to drain the leisure battery to say 50% then see what the charge rate is like in full sun, I think it's usual for charge rates to be low when the battery is close to fully charged.

Switch on as much load as you can to the leisure battery when the PV is in some sunlight and you should see the charging watts rise as load applied .. mine is similar using Victron MPTT with 180W panel..

Thanks guys
I’ve never had any problems with low battery, I just thought the amps should be higher , but obviously not if it’s near full charge

Back