So where do you guys buy your VW parts from?

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
Last lockdown, I wanted to buy some OEM VW trim clips, TPS told me that I now needed a trade account to buy parts.

So where do you get your genuine VW parts from.
I need a rubber spacer for my slider
EDD31476-E300-4DFB-9DF8-DEC2FB74CD57.jpeg

It’s £9.99 on eBay. How much was TPS?
I picked some parts up last week without a trade card.

It’s £9.99 on eBay. How much was TPS?
I picked some parts up last week without a trade card.

I think that it’s about lock down. They wouldn’t deal with me last time.

They wouldn’t take a credit card on the phone nor deal with any direct callers
Ta

I use my local vw car dealership, the parts guy in there always helpful and excellent prices too.

Depending on the part, our local garage (not VW) will order it for us. Genuine parts which is great.
And because they are a garage, they get next day delivery so it doesn't take long to repair.

We bought a 3rd rear brakelight online but it wasn't original and didn't fit (not sure why) so the garage ended up sorting us out.
Amazing service.
:)

Once you get the VW part number stick in a Google search and sift through, new and used parts online.
I got an A4 lower drivers door hinge the other day for 7 Euros from Slovenia.....that said I guess that’s might not be so easy come 01 Jan.

I used TPS recently their trade counter is closed but they were happy to drop the parts off at my local (nonVW) garage free of charge

I find the “trade only, mate” attitude rather odd...! Most trade counters these days are grateful for the business and tell me that the private punter brings many advantages: payment at point of sale reducing their bad debt provision; zero volume-based discounting improving their margin; and, when things are quiet any business is welcome!

Surprisingly the VW main dealers are not as expensive as you might think. Plus you get the warranty if it breaks.

I however generally use TPS when I need bits.

I normally use VW main dealer... before I get a bashing I’ve actually found them to be not that pricey Compared to others. It depends what bits im after.. usually eBay for the little bits. My Titan door cards were cheaper from VW new than various other places used.

I normally use VW main dealer... before I get a bashing I’ve actually found them to be not that pricey Compared to others. It depends what bits im after.. usually eBay for the little bits. My Titan door cards were cheaper from VW new than various other places used.
Good points raised, thank you. I think having the bits fitted is when they start to become expensive!

I use TPS. My mate has a garage up the road, so I call them saying I'm Simon from M********k Garage. Pay over the phone and it gets delivered to the garage for free.

www.oemvwshop.com I've got 2 successful orders from them, 1 on the way. We use this site a lot in nordic countries. Prices vary, some parts are cheaper from my local vw but most are half the price of the stealership. I've dealt with their customer service with WhatsApp with nothing bad to say afterwards.

Back