Smev 9222 Gas Installation

tilla

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a gas engineer that can help fit my Smev 9222 in my T6.

I live in Bristol.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have no experience with gas so want to get this done by a professional or someone very experienced. There are lots of camper conversion companies near me but not sure how they would feel about doing small one off jobs like that..

Thanks,
Matt

You won't know how they feel about it unless you ask them you maybe pleasantly surprised or their be able to recommend someone

And by the time that the hole is cut and it's all fitted and tested, it might not be the really small job that you think it is especially if they supply the thing as well (there's also an electrical connection to be made in addition to the gas). As @Bargy62 says, you won't know until you ask.

My worktop came with the hole already cut out for the smev 9222.
The unit drops in and fixes very easily.
Gas wise, you should have only one pipe with bends not joints, that goes from the smev to the regulator, which should be a bulkhead reg within your gas locker (if you’re fitting one) and then a pig tail to your gas bottle.
There needs to be a dropout in the gas locker and there should actually be one under the smev connection too.
My mate who is a gas safe fitter very neatly bent and clipped all the pipe and connected both ends while I changed his mountain bike brake pads, so not a big job at all.
At the end of the day you just need someone who is used to making gas connections and a way of any leaks escaping at each joint.
If you read into the regs then the drop vent should be at least 30cm (from memory) away from a heat source which is quite difficult given the exhaust location.

Back