Smart Beds On Rails... Advice Please

Louise and Vinny

Hi! Has anyone invested in a smart bed system where the bed comes with rails to move it forward/back? It looks pretty pricey when its all added up but wondering id it's worth the extra cost? Some of the sets we've been looking at don't look particulrly comfortble and some seem ridiculously cheap... please advise! Thanks in advance!

Think I could refer back to my post about the RIB on caravelle rails

Uberbus in Poole fitted it for me
Slept on it this weekend and in all honesty its the most comfortable thing I've slept on !
If comfort is a priority as was for me its the nuts !
Very likely the most expensive on the market too, but the rails are great allowing full function and adjustment and stop rubbish getting in them and you wont stub your toe on the edge and they look better too IMO.

Yes. I've got one. Albeit with custom upholstery so can't comment on the comfort of the factory upholstery. Perhaps
@kn0bby can advise in that area, with respect to his Smart bed.
However the rail system has been brilliant. Not a week goes by where I'm not changing the beds position to suit the transport tasks at hand.

Would you mind if I asked how much you paid for it and please could you send a picture? Thank you for your really valued advice!

Current prices should be on their website. Found them a really helpful company to deal with. Here's some pics...

20181201_114656.jpg

20181015_155030.jpg

20181015_154636.jpg

20181009_121507.jpg

Thank you for the compliment. It's a Webasto X100 diesel hob you can see. Runs on diesel from the vehicles tank. Additionally I run a stand alone Webasto Airtop 2000 STC diesel heater with Thermocall. Lives under the floor under the drivers seat.

There seems to have been a bit of a price hike with these two bits of kit. Maybe to do with the brexit uncertainty, weak pound.

The Wallas XC duo combines the hob with a cover and fan unit, so it can be used as both a hob and a heater. Seems to be well reviewed by folk on here and the inter web. Still not a cheap option but less than the combined price of the two separate items I've got.

I have a Wallas duo
Used for first time at weekend too.
Amazing bit of kit ! Took a little longer to boil kettle for cup tea BUT camping time is slow time so I was not worried, only boiled enough for two cups too, have a small sea to summit collapsible silicone kettle ! Great too !
Used as a heater too Friday night as was cold, one of reasons I liked the Wallas was its quiet as a heater. We slept on Rock Roll Bed set the temperature to 1 and just left it running all night
No Problems at all

i'll order online from the smartbed website
i wish they could just pick an installer for me in Dorset or near Bristol

just started the order process by email,
i asked them to pick an installer for me, and flexible dates, let's see how it goes

Ahe great didn’t realise they would fo that - takes a lot of hassle out of trying to find someone!

ha, no, i just asked so far, no answer yet
here's the email i sent them:

cleardot.gif

Hi,

I'd like to order:
- Evolution rail 3/4 (£1882)
- VW Uphostery (£433)
- 2 Sealbelts (£85.10)
- 2 Headrests (£110.10)
- with installation (£350) (Floor already in place, as discussed in previous email)

I'd like the Installer in Dorset, or near Bristol, or why not your own factory if you can do it
Can you pick an installer for me (and have bed delivered there too)
I'm flexible for dates

If you call me, I can pay by card over the phone.

thanks

Hi ya, maybe I missed something in the post but I couldn't find where you got the bed system from would you mind letting me know, sorry, thank you.

they didn't answer to my order email, so called them (i hate talking on the phone).
got a pdf quote back.
they require a 15% deposit, which i will send monday morning

Back