Smart Bed Evolution R Sliders

NemesiS153

Anyone got experience of this R&R bed? Been looking at the reimo 3000 but this is a lot cheaper. Can’t find to much from search or YouTube

I've got one, albeit the frame and rails. The foam and upholstery that I have was custom made, so can't comment on the comfort as a bed. But happy with the flexibility and ease of use. It's certainly sturdy. Smart beds were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, going out their way to supply me with the custom length rails I needed.

We’ve got the ‘non rail’ Smartbeds Evo 2 with their VW Simora upholstery and it’s seriously comfy to sleep on with just a topper. The topper’s not memory foam but I think the original upholstery might be!

We are looking at the rail system for our new van. I understand the rails are not flush so do you get used to treading on them when moving around the camper. Is it a draw back to have the rails proud?

Got the evo R and only thing above floor is the rubber surrounds. So quite flush and not a problem in bare feet, as for bed itself easy down, easy up.

I need some help with mattress toppers for the EVO R. Mine is being converted currently and wondered if the Duvalay campervan comfort topper was a good fit.

@Adscan. Despite what I said in my post above (3), in the longer term we found that our Smart Evo (not the rail version) needed a bit more support and the Duvalay VW Camper Compact Topper sorted it out. At 1900mm x 1150mm it's exactly the right size for the bed so if your bed and proposed topper are the same sizes, it should fit.

@Adscan. Despite what I said in my post above (3), in the longer term we found that our Smart Evo (not the rail version) needed a bit more support and the Duvalay VW Camper Compact Topper sorted it out. At 1900mm x 1150mm it's exactly the right size for the bed so if your bed and proposed topper are the same sizes, it should fit.
Did yours have the cut out in the corner?

Interesting read, i was looking for an alternative to the Reimo 3000 on rails, be good to see some pictures of space. Ideally want to be able to slide the seat forward and have the dog cage in the rear for travelling and sleeping (when we sleep in the poptop)

Hi

Looking for any advice regarding retrofitting a Smartbed Evo R to an already converted T6 in order to allow more boot space.

Can anyone advise if this be done by fixing the rails through the existing sub floor or does the footprint of the rail fixings mean the subfloor and/or cabinets would have to be removed. Just trying to guage how much ripping out it would involve to retrofit them.

Thanks

Steve

Depends how thick the subfloor is. If it’s a ‘normal’ kind of thickness, ie you just have a normal deeper Kombi step then the rails fit over the top, you just cut out the grooves the runners fit in.

Back