Slow start

jordanL

Hi,
I've noticed my 19 plate t6 struggles to start after a short journey like a school run.
On several occasions when I start the van but don't drive then turn it off the next time I try to start it won't start! When it's happend previously it's gone to the garage I got it from and vw and they've said it was air getting in as a pipe was damaged. I moved the van from next door on Saturday to outside my house, so a 10m drive. This morning it took 3 or 4 long cranked attempts to start. Has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening?

I had to have a new starter motor on mine at 30k, I think with start stop it doesn’t do the starter any good, it’s used a lot more than normal. Mine seemed a very lazy starter, turned over really slow then fired up eventually. Might be worth getting it checked out .

It's done about 7k miles. When it's in again I can tell them check but it's had a few checks before so I would have thought that'd be checked. All info appreciated. Cheers mate

I had to have a new starter motor on mine at 30k, I think with start stop it doesn’t do the starter any good, it’s used a lot more than normal. Mine seemed a very lazy starter, turned over really slow then fired up eventually. Might be worth getting it checked out .
I'm more thinking along the lines of something to do with fuel or pressure or something as it only struggles after small drives or engine being started and not driven. It's never struggled after a longer drive.

I'm more thinking along the lines of something to do with fuel or pressure or something as it only struggles after small drives or engine being started and not driven. It's never struggled after a longer drive.
just to be clear, does it seem to be cranking over quickly but not firing, or is it slow turning over?

It cranks fine but not fires. On a couple of occasions it flattened the battery after a lit of unsuccessful tries without starting.

Yes apparently. I just think it's strange it only does it on a very short journey or if I start it up for a min or two.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this as my T5.1 (2015 so 2.0 CAAC) is doing the same thing!

Cranks fine but takes ages to start. Its fine for the first start but even going a few miles and turning it off, it then takes an age to start again.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this as my T5.1 (2015 so 2.0 CAAC) is doing the same thing!

Cranks fine but takes ages to start. Its fine for the first start but even going a few miles and turning it off, it then takes an age to start again.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. No I never got to the bottom of it but it's been fine for months but today my wife moved the van from outside nextdoor to outside our house and I went out in it after that and I've had a bad start again.
Did you manage get yours sorted?

Back