Slow day at the office hence:

Ha ha ha! I should have set my stopwatch to time how long from new numberplate to full-on detail?!!!
What can I say, everyone is on holiday. Business is slow.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
I suppose it's easier to wash the roof when you can drop your van on the ground like that!
Anyway it's looking good!
Still need a three step ladder to get to the roof, even at 6’ 3”.

You can reach quite a bit of it standing on the wheels. Although perhaps not in the OP's case, unless he has very thin feet.

You can reach quite a bit of it standing on the wheels. Although perhaps not in the OP's case, unless he has very thin feet.
The danger is that SWMBO would drop the van on his toes….just to keep him on his …. err… toes!!!

I wouldn’t be able to get my feet between the top of the wheel and the wheel arch, I just use one of those step-up things.
I’ve always thought that if you stood on the wheel and happened to fall backwards before you could get your feet out, it wouldn’t do your ankles a lot of good.

I wouldn’t be able to get my feet between the top of the wheel and the wheel arch, I just use one of those step-up things.
I’ve always thought that if you stood on the wheel and happened to fall backwards before you could get your feet out, it wouldn’t do your ankles a lot of good.
True, but bloomin entertaining for an observer!!!

There's a pretty big gap on mine but I know what you mean. Last time I was washing the van though I did jump down off the wheel without looking, landed with one foot on the edge of the bucket that tipped over unleashing a tidal wave of warm soapy water that absolutely soaked me as I fell on my arse. I just had to laugh and then thought it was a shame that nobody got to see such a textbook comedy pratfall.

There's a pretty big gap on mine but I know what you mean. Last time I was washing the van though I did jump down off the wheel without looking, landed with one foot on the edge of the bucket that tipped over unleashing a tidal wave of warm soapy water that absolutely soaked me as I fell on my arse. I just had to laugh and then thought it was a shame that nobody got to see such a textbook comedy pratfall.
“Textbook comedy pratfall” - that’s the one!
I don’t know if you’re like me and have to grab the bonnet edge to hoike yourself up (just to wash the blooming windscreen) and I am 6’ tall!

Back