Sliding Kombi seats

Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
T6 Guru
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has managed this, or if its even possible. Need to make the seats movable, but don't really want to folk out for caravele seats and rails.

Here you go.

I only have two seats fitted in the photos. You can have different configurations and a third row of seats.

61772494368__58CBA8DD-07DE-4A1E-A8E3-7A090780C3FB.JPG61772495601__4521D463-E702-491E-8677-7D939128067F.JPG61772559267__3A06931B-587A-4243-85C2-52E31FB1931C.JPG

I'm not sure how it compares cost wise with the Caravelle rails and seats solution.

Caravelle is the only way to keep it VW, although because of the quarantine rules at present there is very little stock in the country, and what there is, is expensive.

Having swapped from a caravelle to a kombi, I do miss the rail setup. But its going to be mega bucks for rails and seats. Not sure I can justify the cost. @AK06FR your set up does look nice. Just wish there was a way of adapting the kombi quick release seats to rail sliders.

I went with this system as it was recommended and approved by my French VW dealership where I bought the van. They send it to a local company for the work who also do the paper work to change the vehicle registration from panel van into a 5 seater. it was about €4.5k for seats, rails and floor, I paid extra for the lining and sound proofing. Not cheap but if I bought a Kombi new in France I would have had to pay TVA (VAT) and then a company car tax of approx. €2.5k every year.

i have seen a picture of some combi seats on unwin rails...the bolts are removed from the lower and something done...
it is doable on unwins with work.

ps i have a front double seat mounted in the rear on unwin rails...i have heavily modded the seat base... took an inch out of the rear height to make it level and match the fronts.......etc etc.. goes next to my deep day van pod...
anythings doable if you have the time to fettle...

Yes three seats can be fitted, the centre one doesn't have arm rests. I run mine with two seats and I have a bike mount that clips into the centre rails. You can also spin the seats around (facing to the rear) which I find handy when I use it as a day camper.

I don't have a pic with the three seats fitted in my van but here is one from the fitters:-

seats 2.png

this is the seating options the fitting company offer:

seats .png

Yes three seats can be fitted, the centre one doesn't have arm rests. I run mine with two seats and I have a bike mount that clips into the centre rails. You can also spin the seats around (facing to the rear) which I find handy when I use it as a day camper.

I don't have a pic with the three seats fitted in my van but here is one from the fitters:-

View attachment 85742

this is the seating options the fitting company offer:

View attachment 85741

The rails look quite short, how much space do you actually gain? Still looks pretty tight?

i like how they have utilised seat rear trims upside down on the sides to make it look more factory...
good them...like it :)

You can have the rails the full length of the van is you want. I chose their standard option as it worked fine for me. With my seats fully the rear there is a lot of leg room. Also I really like is the quick release, the seats are out in 30 seconds.

Back