Sliding Door Part - Replace Or Repair?

DaveyB

Team White
VIP Member
T6 Legend
The wife and kids have just got back in my van and handed me a part of it!!!!:mad:

Can’t believe it, lent them the van so they could go and camp in it at Weymouth & Portland Sailing Academy for a weekend National race series, and they bring it back broken.

Anyway, enough moaning.
It is this part of the door mechanism that is bolted into the B-post.
3499EA57-7886-4246-8003-6A02A412A284.jpeg

The central plastic piece that fits in on top of the spring has come out.
3E45F9A3-F8DD-4C45-BE1A-8F7D73DBD7FF.jpeg
So the question, if anyone knows, can I get a new central plastic piece, or is it a case of the whole metal unit as a complete part?
@Pauly?

Cant quite figure out from the pic/description if thats the correct part ?
I think 9 is the door half and 17 is the pillar half but not sure, there are a couple variations though and doesnt clarify what the difference is so will need your VIN number to know which one belongs on your van

Part 17 is £20 + vat so not the end of the world

@Pauly
The number on the back of the piece from the van is 7H0 843 637 E
Just called TPS in oxford and they tell me it has been superseded by two plates and two pins, which makes no sense, considering it is a flat metal plate.
Are you able to offer any suggestion?

Id go with the new version part, they have obviously had loads of faults with the old part so have upgraded it.

But does that mean you need the other half too ?

pm me your vin number will have a better look

Both sides upper and lower supercede to a new design
According to the all powerful etka you require 2 x part 9 and both parts 16 and 17
I have a new 9 and 16 landing shortly so i will take a couple pics and see if we can figure it out, you may be able to get away with the top pair ?

upload_2019-2-25_13-25-13.png

Back