Sliding door not catching open / staying open

RedUn

Kombi... work in progress
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Been meaning to sort this for a while...

Manual sliding struggles to catch / latch when you open it.

Had a nosey around the mechanism down the bottom of the door opening and it all looks OK?

Any ideas / solutions before I start taking it to pieces as it's really annoying! :rofl:

Thanks
Rich

Hi..Just did quick search on forum there are several other threads on this similar issue but as you know it does not always link to your subject matter ....but if you type in the search bar the two titles bellow they might give you some help

First sign of wear....slide door latching......

sorry no good at this linking thing:)

Mine doesn't always latch if I (the kids) slam the door into the mechanism but it works fine if I pull the exterior handle prior to reaching fully open. I'm not keen on ramming that much weight into the latch everytime.

I removed the mechanism during part of my electric door retrofit and was surprised to find it was starting to go a bit rusty, still worked but was defo stiffening up compared to when it was new

Can it not be the 'slider' where the door hangs from? Believe it can come loose a bit and that way make the door not properly open/close

Thanks all for the ideas and suggestions :thumbsup:

I shall investigate when I get some spare time this week

Finally got round to looking into this, compared the catch to my dad's shuttle and it looked like mine was a bit on the low side.

The hook was almost rubbing the bottom bracket that holds the pin.

Raised it up as far as it will go now on the fasteners on the inside of the sliding door and its spot on now.

Pics below after adjustment...

20200622_214045.jpg

20200622_214102.jpg

Back