Slidepod in a Kombi 2+1

lawfumar

hi guys, I have recently bought T6 SWB Kombi with 2+1 (3 kids) and am interested in a Slidepod. Has anyone got one with this configuration that could share photos? I'm particularly interested in see what storage is available for tents and camping paraphenalia for family trips. Cheers Mark

hi guys, I have recently bought T6 SWB Kombi with 2+1 (3 kids) and am interested in a Slidepod. Has anyone got one with this configuration that could share photos? I'm particularly interested in see what storage is available for tents and camping paraphenalia for family trips. Cheers Mark

Hi
Hi ....this is just a basic storage pod

A7559B9C-C93D-45A9-BA98-B9CDA87A14AC.jpeg8E9129F4-562E-4DF7-A628-187EAC80B5F8.pngA56BEBD9-84D9-4900-BFAC-890706B0F17D.jpeg

Hey bud,

Might be of interest, might not, but have a look at my build thread. I am in the process of building a camping setup with loads of storage for my Kombi and maybe offering them for sale once I have the design completely sorted. It's designed to be in the van permanently, but also allows the van to still be a work van (I use mine for work, this is a must!).

Big Green Build Thread

Cheers

Martin

@VanDamMan Thanks for sharing the photos, been looking at the utility pod myself as a bed system for my van.

I'm interested to understand if there is much room for a bike or two between the pod and the rear of the Kombi seats? I suspect the wheels would have to be removed so it could go in sideways with a squeeze.

Can the pod easily be removed as well? Just curious how versatile the system is? Thanks

@VanDamMan Thanks for sharing the photos, been looking at the utility pod myself as a bed system for my van.

I'm interested to understand if there is much room for a bike or two between the pod and the rear of the Kombi seats? I suspect the wheels would have to be removed so it could go in sideways with a squeeze.

Can the pod easily be removed as well? Just curious how versatile the system is? Thanks
Hi ...being a SWB kombi the gap is about 780mm (that’s tight) from rear of pod to back of seat...but we’ve taken out the single seat to make more room as only 2 of us ...yes wheel would have to come off to use full width of van. Hope that helps
the pod is secured by 4 bolts that use the original tie down points so is easy to get out
the pod is a great place to store stuff but also acts as the bed base with 2 metal supports ..the bed base folds out and so does the mattress to form an almost king size bed ...but we are starting to learn the more camping stuff you get space becomes an issue ..as a short term we think we could lay the bikes on top...long term looking at fitting a tow bar and a bike mount ...just seen @Deaky and I like his bike setup .... The more you see other members your pockets empty :laugh:

We dont have a slidepod (thinking about it) but have just travelled to the alps with our SWB van, and put 5 bikes in the back sideways (full size, full suspension). It is tight left to right, but we put them in without front wheels on, and they fit snugly.

So if you removed the slidepod could it be used as a bed still or that integral to its stability?

So if you removed the slidepod could it be used as a bed still or that integral to its stability?
Hi ..the base part of the pod is attached to the support arms...simple answer it’s all integral :)

Hi all, Just bought a T6 Kombi Edition. I’m currently thinking of just soundproofing, buying a Slidepod and possibly a poptop later. Does anyone have any thoughts on Slidepods and any pointers on pop-tops types and installers? I’m in the Bedford area by happy got travel when able. Thanks

Back